The Healthy Gaming Throne
Playing video games is a great way to blow off some steam; however, we gamers tend to go overboard. After all, gaming sprees are super tempting after a long day at work. Unfortunately, back pain is a common ailment that plagues gamers.
The good news is – you don’t have to suffer anymore!
An ergonomically designed chair is the solution you are looking for, and your back will thank you for it. We have compiled a list of the top anti-back-pain gaming chairs on the market. Read on.
|Seat Type||Racing seat|
|Colors||LCS and Game of Thrones Series|
The Secretlab Titan has the complete package that I would expect from a premium gaming chair. Though not a really budget-inclined pick, it is reasonably priced.
When I first sat on it, I noticed how dense the foam was. Secretlab sacrificed some softness to provide support for heavy usage that will last for years. I’m sure that after a while, you will find the foam molding to the contour of your back.
You will appreciate Omega’s comfy head and lumbar pillows made of soft velour memory foam. I only wish they made the head pillow positioning adjustable to maximize comfort.
Overall the Secretlab Omega is one of the comfiest, back-friendly chairs out there. It supports a 165- degree recline, which any gaming back would crave.
- Secretlab PRIME 2.0 PU Leather - Sit easier with the new Secretlab PRIME 2.0 PU leather, no matter how intense your games get.
- Integrated Adjustable Lumbar Support - The TITAN features our integrated adjustable lumbar support, built into the backrest of the chair itself.
- Full-length Backrest Recline - Ergonomic support is not the only function of the full-length backrest.
- Aluminium Base - Constructed to be perfectly balanced, our aluminium wheel bases provide both impeccable stability and strength.
- Class 4 Hydraulics - The length of our Class 4 hydraulic pistons—best in the class in consistency, stability and safety—is updated to cater to a wider range of users’ heights.
|Seat Type||Racing seat|
|Colors||Black, White, Black/Red, Blue, Indigo, and Red|
Undeniably the AKRacing Masters Series Max is the flagship of this gaming brand. The Max series is one of the biggest and coolest gaming chairs the company has ever produced. Produced around a sturdy steel framework, it accommodates up to 400lbs, providing sufficient support and stability for long gaming sessions.
The Max series gaming chair is outfitted with a dense cold-cured foam padding and adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows. It sports top-quality PU leather on the front and back, as well as a practical anti-corrosive coating for longer life.
This is one of the most reliable gaming chairs on the market with its adjustability options and superior comfort. Though not the most economical choice out there, the value you will get out of it will be well worth your money.
- Extra large size: wide metal frame with anti-corrosive coating covered with high-density cold-curved foam padding for maximum comfort and durability
- Top quality upholstery: PU leather on front and back - Easy to clean and guaranteed to last for at least 5 years backed by manufacturer warranty.
- 400 lbs weight capacity: advanced mechanism with adjustable rocking function and lockable tilt positions and custom heavy Duty gaslift can support up to 400 lbs.
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows for comfort and enhanced ergonomics included.
- 4D armrests: adjustable in four directions: up & down, back & forth, in & out, and rotate to the sides.
|Seat Type||Task Chair|
|Colors||Black/Black and Black/Red|
The VERTAGEAR Triigger 350 is a high-end chair that will last you for years. This chair is clearly manufactured to endure the test of time. If durability is your concern, you can rest assured that the high-quality aluminum alloy that makes up this chair will get you covered.
The seat and the back are made of a highly breathable DuPont TPEE mesh fabric and have accents that are made with hand-stitched calfskin leather. With this chair, you can say goodbye to sweaty backs and legs.
This chair can recline to up to 33 degrees and is also fitted with a safety lock. The Triigger 350 has a total of 22 different positions, ensuring your freedom and optimum comfort. The angle of the back frame and the seat depth is adjustable too. Finally, you can safely lock the adjustments to your liking and lightheartedly proceed with your gaming.
|Seat Type||Racing Seat|
|Colors||Black, Black, and Grey, Black and Gold|
DXRacer knows the meaning of ergonomic, that’s why it’s not a surprise they’ve made it on this list.
The DXRacer Classic Series is tall, wide, and supportive making it perfect for hardcore gamers. Aside from the robust build, it is also comfortable and attractive.
Even though initially it feels a bit firm due to practical reasons, with time, it comfortably molds to your back, and you enjoy its benefits. Its plush upholstery is aesthetically pleasing, and it is safe to say that this chair kind of grows on you.
I found that the backrest molds itself to the contour of my lower and middle back. And that support is doubled thanks to the lumbar pillow and the built-in head pillow. This translates into a relaxed neck and shoulder blades when I lean back.
On the downside, I noticed that the faux leather vinyl upholstery is not breathable, which may be an issue, especially in hot weather. Nevertheless, this brand is one of the best on the market, and for more info feel free to check out our DXRacer gaming chairs review.
- Ergonomic design-- more efficiently and comfortably, Free bonus: lumbar cushion
- Wider seat, Patent race car seat breathable material: Leather Style Vinyl
- Extra higher backrest to save neck and spinal,Flexible seat back with adjustment
- 3D straight armrests protect shoulders and wrists
- Lifetime warranty on frame, 24-month warranty on parts
|Seat Type||Racing Seat|
|Colors||Black, Blue, Red, and White|
GTRACING has been in business since 2011. Since then, this manufacturer has specialized in gaming chairs that are focused on strict quality and top-notch performance. And that commitment is evident with their GTRACING GT90.
This is quite a big chair fitted with a footrest that makes it perfect for gaming and Netflix binging. It is made from high-quality materials like smooth PU leather, and it features a seat cushion and lumbar and headrest pillows. The base is heavy-duty, so your stability is guaranteed.
For hardcore gamers, the up to 170-degree adjustable recliner is our best friend. The backrest also distributes weight evenly for extra support and preventing any strain. Besides, the sturdy metal frame also helps in promoting a comfortable seating position for hours.
I also like how comfortable the thickly padded seat makes the chair. And of course, I should mention the retractable footrest, which maximizes your relaxation. Overall the GT901 is a great pick, especially if back problems are something that you are looking to eradicate.
- Perfect for Gaming: Gtracing is dedicated to make the best gaming chair for pro gamers.
- Ergonomic Design: Strong metal frame designed to help promote a comfortable seated position.
- Multi Function: Armrest and seat height adjustable; 90 to 170 dgree reclining and rocking; 360 degree swivel; 5 point base built with heavy duty; Smooth rolling casters; Removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion; Retractable footrest.
- High Quality Material: Smooth pu leather, added seat cushion, and lumbar and headrest pillows offer added support and comfort.
- Game and Office: Gtracing gaming chair is an ideal seat of choice for working, studying and gaming.
|Seat Type||Racing Seat|
|Colors||Black/Gray, Black, Blue, Red, Gray, and White|
Merax has been in the furniture industry since 1995, and their expertise obliged us to compile an extensive review of Merax gaming chairs and tables.
Merax PP036982BAA made it on our list because it is comfortable and appealing, and it comes at a reasonable price. Made from high-quality materials, this chair is built to last and is easy to clean.
The footrest easily accommodates users of all heights and is smooth to operate. The chair is equipped with a locking system that allows you to safely enjoy a variety of reclining positions up to 180 degrees. Last but not least, the chair has soft cushioning, which is something any gamer would appreciate.
|Seat Type||Task Chair|
|Colors||Black, Blue, Red, Burgundy, Copper, Green,|
Gray, and White Mesh/ Chrome Base
The first thing you feel when you sit in Ergohuman ME7ERG is absolute comfort. If you like the feeling of being suspended in the air, then the ME7ERG is the chair you are looking for.
Ergohuman chairs are widely known for their outstanding lumbar support. Aside from a fantastic build and backrest contour, the lumbar support section is adjustable to all body types. A built-in mechanism ensures stable support in both upright and reclining positions.
Ergohuman ME7ERG has an all mesh backrest, which feels great and makes the chair not prone to heating up, which makes sweaty backs and hot thighs a thing of the past.
Overall the ME7ERG is premium priced given its premium features. If you don’t mind blowing up a bit of cash in exchange for comfort, the Ergohuman ME7ERG is a top choice.
- Seat Height: 18.1a"22.9"
- Seat WxD: 19-1/2x17-3/4"
- Adjustable: tilt tension control, tilt lock, back angle, back height, synchro tilt, seat height, seat depth, and arm height
- Material: Mesh
- Base Type: Nylon Casters
How to Choose the Right Gaming Chair for Back Pain?
Here are some factors to consider before buying the gaming throne that will keep back pain away from you.
Ergonomics isn’t something that you should neglect. You may increase the risk of developing back problems, especially if your sitting posture is not correct for extended periods. Always opt for chairs with lumbar support and a high backrest.
Either mesh or leather is the standard material used for chair wrappings. Always select your chair according to your preference and circumstances. Remember that leather is not so breathable and retains heat well. While mesh is the opposite and can be ideal for those who sweat a lot or live in warm places.
Some brands offer a wide range of sizes, depending on body weight. Size does matter since you require your gaming chair to be comfy enough to nestle in and play games for hours at a time.
It is vital to have a stable gaming chair, which can support your game for hours, so you don’t risk any accidents. When buying, make sure that tilts and recline features are secured by locks. Always test the chair’s stability on all kinds of floors and at all angles, so slips and unintended rolling will be prevented.
The gaming chair is becoming one of the most critical and fundamental aspects of both the professional and casual gaming cultures. If you put as much effort into picking a gaming chair as you do in choosing other gaming gear, the chances of you landing the perfect gaming throne are high. Our guide will help you pick a back-friendly gaming chair that will meet your needs.