Play Longer, Stay Safer, Sleep Better
Let me tell you, folks, your 5:00 am League of Legends ‘last’ match would be a perfect ingredient in any malicious eye strain recipe. I myself admit to having committed more than once.
Sure, there are ways to do it right, and one of the simplest remedies is getting a pair of good gaming glasses. We have compiled a list of the best offers currently on the market, so, without any further ado, let’s dive in.
- Gunnar Sheadog Onyx
- DUCO Optiks 8954L
- Gunnar MLG Phantom
- How Do Gaming Glasses Work?
Gunnar Sheadog Onyx
The Gunnar Sheadog are some of the best glasses for gaming thanks to their light blocking lenses. They also use Gunnar’s patented focusing technology that enhances visual performance. These glasses are designed for comfort and protection. They will also help you sleep better by eliminating the blue light that most screens emit. Very helpful whenever you pull a Black Desert all-nighter grinding. The Sheadog, aside from blocking blue light, will also block 100% of UV rays.
- Our blue light blocking gaming glasses protect your vision, reducing eye strain and headaches while viewing tablets, computers, TV, and phone screens
- The preferred gaming glasses for men and women, GUNNAR protects against symptoms stemming from prolonged screen-staring including migraines, headaches, dry eyes, blurry vision, etc.
- Gunnar produces ergonomically designed gaming/computer eyewear with a lightweight frame to give you a full day of comfortable screen viewing.
DUCO Optiks 8954L
If you already have prescription glasses you can still have your very own gaming glasses too. The DUCO Optiks 8954L have a goggles style design which will allow you to easily fit them over your existing glasses. There are three sizes available so you should not worry about the possible unbearable bulkiness of your glasses set. Don’t worry about breaking these, either. These glasses are very flexible and it would take some extreme abuse to damage them. If they did somehow get broken, the DUCO Optiks 8954L offers a lifetime breakage warranty, so you will get another pair for free.
- Computer glasses can be worn over existing prescription glasses with Fashion appeal and designer features.
- Blue Light Blocking Lens to protect your eyes from blue light,it can reduce digital eyestrain, enhance viewing vision, it is suitable for use when watching TV and look at computer.
- PRODUCTS DIMENSION-Lens height:38 mm (1.49 inches); lens width:58mm (2.28 inches); leg length:140mm(5.51 inches); nose bridge:18 mm ( 0.71 inches); frame length:142 mm (5.59 inches).
- The frame is made of TR90,it is extremely flexible, durable and light weight which make it the perfect material for performance eyewear.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.Lifetime Breakage Warranty.
Gunnar MLG Phantom
The Gunnar MLG Phantom kill that harmful screen glare. As a bonus, you get to look stylish while doing your thing. These glasses have specially designed lenses coating that blocks glare and UV rays.
The Gunnar MLG Phantom, at 2.4 ounces are light, compact, and comfortable. Aside from reducing eye fatigue, they are ergonomically built to protect your eyes from air currents that could cause eye dryness. Very helpful when you game with a cooling fan on. With its yellow-amber hue, the Onyx Marco is ideal for computer and television screens. I also like how stable it is, the adjustable silicone nose pad design helps with the overall fit.
- Weighing in at only 25-grams, these lightweight glasses are properly balanced to reduce pressure points and combat fatigue
- 132-millimeter temples and full rim frame are constructed of stainless steel to ensure lightweight durability with adjustable silicone nose pad
- Engineered single-piece front construction made of high tensile steel and features a fastener-free hinge design that provides incredible durability and comfort; Amber tint lens’ are ideal for video and computer gaming use
- Limited Warranty that covers against defects for one year after purchase.
HyperX Gaming Eyewear
HyperX’s gaming fleet knows no bound as it also dipped fingers in the gaming glasses pie. The HyperX Gaming Eyewear is built and designed for gamers who are always wearing headsets. Its frame is designed to fit you comfortably despite having to deal with extra headset pressure. As for the lens, these have the crystal clear MR-8 lenses and hand-cut acetate frames.
They are also quite fashionable and suitable for outdoors. They also included a hard-shell case that allows for transporting them safely.
- Durable acetate frame: The hand-cut, colored acetate frame is more durable and will retain its vibrant colors longer than painted polycarbonate frames.
- Dependable blue light and UV protection: Help reduce the effects of digital eye strain including headaches, blurred vision, and eye fatigue thanks to the blue light and UV protection of the premium nylon lenses.
- Crystal clear lenses: Clear, anti-reflective lenses provide true, vivid colors to deliver the intended gaming experience.
- Signature HyperX comfort: Built to be comfortable enough for all-day use with or without a headset.
- Versatile & stylish design with hard shell case: Protect your eyes while using digital devices in a wide range of settings. A hard shell carrying case and microfiber pouch are included for safe and secure transport.
Gunnar Vayper sports ultra-slim temples, single-piece front design, and interchangeable sockets. It also has a smooth styling and a wider fit. The silicone nose pads are adjustable, and its flexibility makes the frame adaptable to any face shape. The Vayper is very durable due to low carbon steel and polymer injected materials. The lens shape also protects your eyes from air currents that may cause irritation.
- DOCTOR RECOMMENDED — Protects against symptoms stemming from prolonged screen-staring including migraines, headaches, dry eyes, blurry vision, cataracts, macular degeneration (AMD) and negative effects of blue light exposure
- BLUE LIGHT PROTECTION FACTOR — Blocks 65% of harmful blue light, 100% of UV, our premium lens reduce eye strain from viewing tablets, video and computer gaming, TV and phone screens
- UNISEX DESIGN — Fits men or women
- SPECS (in mm) — Lens Width: 58, Bridge: 15, Temple: 130, Weight: 24.5 g gm; includes microfiber pouch and microfiber cleaning cloth; limited warranty
GameKing Ultra G603 Premium
The GameKing Ultra Gaming Glasses have amber tint lenses that will block 60% of blue light. These glasses are also retrofitted with the anti-reflective (AR) coating and tinted lens that will eliminate glare and improve contrast.
The GameKing glasses are also super lightweight at 0.64 ounces. They still manage to be very durable and unbreakable due to the SWISS TECHNOLOGY TR90. Overall, these glasses are stylish and will do their job fabulously.
- REDUCE LIFETIME EXPOSURE to HARMFUL BLUE LIGHT & UV - our PATENTED amber tinted lens selectively filters out 82% very harmful blue light.
- NO MORE EYE STRAINS & GLARES
- ULTRA-THIN HIGH TENSILE STEEL FRAME
- FDA REGISTERED
- LIFETIME BREAKAGE WARRANTY + 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
The PROSPEK Ultimate looks like a pair of geeky glasses. And if big frames don’t scare you, then these spectacles are sure to fit in your gaming arsenal. These glasses are retrofitted with 8 layers of protection to keep your eyes safe. The extra films are also essential in making your glasses scratch-resistant. I also like how the PROSPEK Ultimate’s blue light blocking capacity is over 99% – higher than its competitors’ products. They are also Anti-UV and Anti-Fog, great add-ons for gamers on the go.
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION
- FEEL GREAT RIGHT AWAY INSTANTLY
- WORKS WITH YOUR LIFE
- WORKS WITH ALL SCREEN TYPES
- LIFETIME WARRANTY
- COMES WITH GIFT BOX
The Gunnar Emissary has a unique square lens and lightweight construction. I like their semi-rimless design that helps minimize peripheral distractions. Despite their build, they still cover the eyes and offer adequate protection. They also block the harmful blue light and help you maintain your circadian rhythm, which is your body’s natural sleep cycle. So, it means better sleep, better productivity, longer gaming time. The Emissary high-grade materials ensure that you will have the clearest image possible and completely eliminate the distortions that cheaper materials make.
- GUNNAR glasses protect your eyes and enhance performance. Reduce digital eye strain and block blue light with amber or liquet lens tint options.
- Block Blue Light: GUNNAR lens tints filter artificial blue light emitted from digital screens
- GUNNAR glasses block harmful blue light, which helps you maintain your circadian rhythm, the body’s natural sleep cycle.
How Do Gaming Glasses Work?
Your monitor and screen produce blue light. This is a scientific fact. The abundance of blue light at evening and night is a contributing factor to eye strain, confuses your brain and circadian rhythms, and makes your sleep worse. Gaming glasses can filter blue light thus helping your normal sleep, and reducing eye strain.
Benefits Of Gaming Glasses
Good sunglasses are designed to reduce harmful UV rays and prevent damage to your eyes. Alike, gaming glasses are devised to help reduce blue light, and vision impairment. Some models also offer UV protection as well. Here are the advantages of owning a pair:
- Gaming glasses reduce blue light glare and strain
- They help improve clarity and provide a lighter hue (yellow tint) which helps you see colors vividly and clearly
- Gaming glasses will assist your eyes in keeping up with fast-paced games by reducing blur or glare and sharpening image definition.
- They could improve your sleep patterns
Do I need gaming glasses for long hours of video gaming?
Eye problems caused by gaming are something gamers are prone to. If you regularly have your gaming marathons, play professionally (or stream), or the nature of your job includes long hours in front of computer screens, then picking a pair of gaming glasses is highly recommended.
Are yellow tint/gaming glasses good for the eyes?
Copper, orange, yellow/amber, and brown lens tints are helpful in low-light conditions because they make the environment appear brighter. They also improve contrast and depth perception and are great for overcast, hazy, and foggy conditions. Also, these lens tints block blue light.
What is the best way to clean a pair of eyeglasses?
You can clean your glasses by rinsing under lukewarm tap water. Then put a small drop of dishwashing liquid to each lens. Gently rub both sides of the lenses and the frame for a few seconds. Rinse them thoroughly. Next is dry the lenses and frame with a clean, lint-free towel.
Why is prolonged exposure to Blue light harmful?
Blue light exposure has been proven to affect the circadian rhythm. However, natural exposure to blue light during the daytime will boost your energy, alertness, and mood. But, prolonged exposure to the waves (blue light) transmitted through screen devices and computer monitors during the evening can disrupt your sleep patterns. Also, blue light with its shorter wavelength scatters easier than other colors and will make focusing on objects rather difficult.