Since you are looking for the best MOBA gaming mouse, you must be familiar with the common features of MOBAs.
For those who are yet to try the League of Legends or DOTA, I would like to clarify that MOBAs are basically game battles. They are often described as the chess of the 21st century as they help you develop your tactical and strategic thinking. Most MOBAs are Free-to-Play, can be very competitive, with outcome dependent entirely on players’ skills, and have low hardware specs requirements. Therefore, it is not difficult to see why they take pride in being tremendously popular. However, if you are also into MMOs, we would recommend you to get a MMO gaming mouse, as they are heavier, with a large number of programmable buttons, which makes them perfect for MOBAs, too.
Now, let’s have a look at a few models that will not make you regret the purchase.
- Best MOBA Mouse
- Razer Naga Hex V2 – Ergonomic, 7 thumb buttons, 16 000 DPI
- ROCCAT Kova – Ambidextrous, 7000 DPI, Onboard Memory
- SteelSeries Rival 500 – 16,000 DPI, 15 Programmable buttons, Tactile alerts
- Logitech G602 – 11 Programmable Buttons, 2500 DPI, Delta Zero sensor
- Razer Naga Trinity – Versatile, 3 mice in 1, Best Moba Mouse
- Logitech G502 – Best All-Rounder Mouse
- Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum – Wireless and Versatile
- Razer DeathAdder Elite – Esports, Ergonomic, True 16, 000 5G Optical Sensor
- What is important for a MOBA Gaming Mouse
Best MOBA Mouse
Razer Naga Hex V2 – Ergonomic, 7 thumb buttons, 16 000 DPI
There are no two opinions that the Naga Hex V2 is one of the best Razer products designed with MOBA players in mind. The mouse strikes a fine balance between the original Hex and the MMO-focused Naga.
The Hex V2 is a nice upgrade from the original Naga Hex. The hexagonal buttons are now replaced by trapezoid buttons. The thumb rest is rubberized and textured, but it is not interchangeable. I have heard friends of mine complaining that the Naga Hex felt too slippery and the surface was prone to getting fingerprints. Now, these issues are non-existent.
The Hex V2 is optimized especially for League of Legends, DOTA 2, and Heroes of the Storm. So if you are playing mainly these three games, you should totally keep reading and get to know the specs of one of the most sophisticated MOBA peripherals currently in existence.
The Hex V2 possesses seven programmable buttons configured in a ring around a rubberized thumb rest. According to Razer, the buttons are equidistant from the thumb, and the chance of misclicks is kept to the minimum.
The mechanical side buttons offer soft and yet audible click. The textured and rubberized scroll wheel might not be as clicky as the other buttons, but still, it is a joy to use.
The mouse is fully configurable via the Razer Synapse software. You are enabled to save profiles, adjust the DPI and the color patterns, assign different functions to the buttons, and more.
I dare to make a comparison between the Hex V2 and the Naga Epic Chroma. They come with the same size and overall, they are suitable for the same purposes. However, the Naga Epic Chroma has a 12-button grid, while the Naga Hex V2 has 7 buttons that form a ring. In this regard, the button layout is more similar to the original Hex. Another notable difference is that the Naga Epic Chroma has wireless capabilities. The Razer Naga Hex V2 comes with 16,000 DPI 5G sensor, which is yet another improvement as compared to the Epic Chroma that has an 8,200 DPI 4G sensor.
Although the Hex V2 is not optimized for genres other than MOBA, I could not resist testing it in first person shooters and MMOs. I don’t believe the Hex V2 has enhanced my gaming experience, but I assure you it will not hold you back from having a smooth gameplay either. However, if you are an avid DOTA 2 fan the Hex V2 is just what you have been looking for.
Is the Hex V2 Worth the Purchase?
Essentially, the mouse size, the button layout, the DPI, (have you guys heard that the 16,000 DPI is the new standard for professional gaming mice?), and the sensor, make it the ultimate MOBA weapon. The buttons are large enough and easy to press, but it does not mean they are prone to misclicks.
My only complaint is that quick switching between buttons felt somehow clumsy. When you have to click several buttons in a quick succession pressing the ones behind your thumb and moving quickly between them can be quite frustrating. Anyway, if you are a diehard DOTA 2 or LoL fan, you should totally consider the Hex V2.
- Created specifically for MOBA gamers, the Razer Naga Hex Chroma comes with a 7 button thumb grid outfitted with mechanical buttons, positioned in a way that ensures you never misclick.
- Each of these buttons is programmable, giving you easy and quick access to skills, no matter how intense the fight gets.
- Redesigned with comfort in mind, the Razer Naga Hex Chroma now features a new ergonomic form factor that will fit the most popular playstyles.
- Impressive spectrum of true 16.8 million colors and effects
ROCCAT Kova – Ambidextrous, 7000 DPI, Onboard Memory
At a first glance, the Kova is a bare-bones mouse that bears a striking resemblance to the entry-level devices offering out-of-the-box functionality. However, it is much more than that. Given its price, it is simply a unique piece of gaming gear. Although Roccat has some more eye-catching mice, the simplistic design is one of Kova’s charming features, but it is definitely not the only one.
The Kova is available in two colors- black and white. It also has a glowing RGB strip and offers illumination patterns. I consider the color adjustment options a bit limited, but it is not a big deal.
The Kova is designed mainly for FPS and MOBAs. It is neither too heavy nor too lightweight. It has an excellent sensor and boasts about an ambidextrous design. It is a solid mouse, indeed, but during my tests, I identified some lift-off distance issues. The software almost spoils the fun.
- 7000DPI pro-optic sensor r6 -from 3500 native DPI via Overdrive mode
- Ambidextrous shape - optimized for both left- and right-hand use
- Roccat swarm integrated next-gen driver system
- ROCCAT Easy-Shift[plus] duplicator technology: 22 functions
- 16.8M Multicolor illumination customizable two-level light system
SteelSeries Rival 500 – 16,000 DPI, 15 Programmable buttons, Tactile alerts
SteelSeries Rival 500 is a gaming mouse with MMO and MOBA – inspired design. However, I am more likely to believe that it is better suited for MOBAs rather than MMOs. If you are looking for a mouse to fuel your DOTA or League of Legends passion, I recommend you to keep reading and see why the Rival 500 is the best choice for any MOBA freak.
The Rival 500 is a lightweight, fast and functional gaming mouse. MOBA gamers rely extensively on macro support, and the 15 buttons can definitely be put into use not only in MOBAs but also in MMOs. The top-notch optical sensor takes you one step closer to securing your victory.
The SteelSeries Rival 500 is designed to resemble the natural motion of your thumb, which reduces the fatigue during prolonged gaming sessions.
Well, it is all fun and games until we dive deep into the specs. Let’s see what the above-mentioned specs actually mean and what sets the Rival 500 apart from the competition.
Rival 500 MOBA Gaming Mouse Review
The Rival 500 is the most successful SteelSeries attempt to bridge the gap between MMOs and MOBAs. The mouse boasts an intuitive design and easy to reach, conveniently placed buttons.
However, you have to ask yourself a few questions before considering a purchase. Do you prefer a smaller or a bigger mouse? How important is RGB lighting for you? Are you a high or low DPI gamer? Do you play mainly MOBAs/ MMOs or you engage in CS:GO and other popular shooters from time to time? Once you have answers to these questions, you will be able to evaluate Rival 500 capabilities and decide if it is the best fit for you. Alternatively, you can take a look at the Scimitar Pro RGB, yet another contender for the best gaming MOBA mouse title.
Now, let’s get back to the Rival 500 features. The mouse has customizable RGB lighting that enables you to make your rodent eye-catching. Sad as it may seem, that would not have much impact on your DOTA 2 performance, so I am going to move to the essential features that make the Rival 500 a good fit for MOBA enthusiasts.
The proper button placement is what makes a gaming mouse well-worth the purchase. In this respect, the Rival 500 definitely brings some value to the table with the well-thought-out button configuration. All buttons are easy to reach, and hitting the six thumb side buttons does not require any inhuman efforts on your end.
Both the Rival 500 and the Rival 700 have optical Pixart 3360 sensor. However, if you are mainly into LoL and DOTA, I recommend getting the Rival 500. The latter is better optimized for MOBAs, not to mention it goes easy on the wallet.
The mouse is fully customizable via the SteelSeries Engine 3. If you own any other SteelSeries-branded peripherals, you can manage all of them via a single software suite.
The biggest disadvantage I have encountered was that you can quickswitch only two different DPI levels. Other than that, the mouse is an inexpensive, lethal weapon and I have no hesitation in defining it as one of the best gaming mice a MOBA or MMO player may find.
- Fastest, most ergonomic button layout available – built around your thumb
- 16,000 CPI custom PixArt sensor for extreme precision
- SteelSeries exclusive tactile alerts let you feel in-game events
- Reinforced left and right mouse buttons with industry-leading 30 million click switches
- Fully-customizable with 15-programmable fast-click buttons; Grip Style: Palm, Claw, and Fingertip
Logitech G602 – 11 Programmable Buttons, 2500 DPI, Delta Zero sensor
I have to tell you that the G602 was the most rigorously tested device I have ever written about. What made me eager to challenge its performance capabilities was the fact that it is relatively affordable and at the same time, it comes with a decent number of advanced options (nothing too wild, though).
To put it the other way around, my first impression was that this is the perfect all-purpose gaming mouse. Later, I realized that the G602 is most suitable for MOBAs.
If you are a fan of League of Legends or Dota, you will find the available buttons sufficient. Although the maximum DPI is significantly lower than what most gaming mice offer, it is enough for keeping pace in battle arena-style games. The same is valid for RTS games, so StarCraft freaks unite.
FPS fans might be disappointed to know that the G602 is not the best option for first person shooters. In FPS, precision is of crucial importance, but the mouse comes with a low native sensitivity. I am not saying you will not be able to aim accurately, but if you are a pro gamer, competing in Call of Duty or Counter Strike, you may find mouse’s capabilities insufficient. You can’t whip the cursor as quickly as someone, running a mouse with 6000+ DPI.
As for World of Warcraft and MMOs in general, the G602 does not disappoint. Of course, it cannot compare to the genre-specific mice such as the Naga Epic Chroma but still, MMO warriors will find it a great tool for competitive play.
What makes the G602 so versatile is the Delta Zero Sensor and the excellent wireless connectivity. What’s more, Logitech defines the G602 as a lag-free mouse. It has a 2ms response rate. Even if you have used a rodent that offers a 1ms response rate, you will see the difference is negligible.
However, all good things come at a price and the G602’s versatility comes at a weight penalty. The mouse runs on standard AA batteries, which makes it pretty heavy. Since accuracy and low latency are of crucial importance in FPS, the G602 may not meet the criteria of pro gamers. Still, if you are a casual player, this is probably the model with the best quality-price ratio.
RPG and RTS fans will love the convenient button layout. Even after long gaming sessions, the mouse provides utmost comfort.
- Upto 250 hours of battery life (Best with Polaroid AA Batteries)
- Power saving, high accuracy Delta Zero sensor technology. Try tracking on a different surface
- Lag free gaming grade wireless, performance and endurance modes maximize battery life
- Long life buttons rated to 20 million clicks, 11 programmable buttons. Dimensions-Mouse-5.5 L x 3.3 W x 1.7 H inches. Receiver-0.7 L x 0.5 W x 0.2 H inches
- For Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher. For more details go through the "System Requirements" mentioned below
Razer Naga Trinity – Versatile, 3 mice in 1, Best Moba Mouse
There is no denying that the Razer Naga Hex V2 is one of the best MOBA mice out there, and if you are heavily into the League of Legends, Dota 2, or Heroes of the Storm, I am positive that you have used a Hex V2 or at least considered a purchase.
If you are looking for an adequate replacement of your first-generation Naga or you are yet to own one, you will definitely embrace the idea of having three Razer mice in one. Yes, you read right. Razer Naga Trinity is the worthy successor of the Naga series’ mice. It comes with three distinct side panels – the well-known circular Hex V2 layout, the 12-button layout of the Naga Chroma, and a 2-button placement of the renowned DeathAdder Elite.
If you are primarily into MOBAs but you switch to other genres from time to time and install games just to see what’s the fuss all about, the Trinity is the way to go. Personally, I do not know many people who can afford a genre-specific mouse for every game they play. That’s why I consider the Naga Trinity a rodent with a perfect benefit-cost ratio
- High-Precision 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor: Offers on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment through dedicated DPI buttons (reprogrammable) for gaming
- Full Modular Customizability: 3 interchangeable side plates with 2, 7 and 12-button configurations
- Up to 19 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse
- Customizable Chroma RGB Color Profiles: Supports 16.8 million color combinations w/ included preset profiles
- Ridged, Rubberized Scroll Wheel for Maximum Accuracy: Small, tactile bumps increases grip and allows for more controlled scrolling in high-stakes gaming situations
Logitech G502 – Best All-Rounder Mouse
The Logitech G502 Hero is an all-rounder behemoth. This rodent is a 5-year-old crowd favorite that doesn’t plan to retire soon. This mouse is solid at 121G and exudes a futuristic hardware aura. If you are a palm gripper, you will fall in love with its shape and snug fit in the hand.
You can assume that this is an upgrade of Logitech’s classic MX 518 and G500 mice,and being furnished with the state-of-the-art HERO 16K sensor, MOBA players are sure to enjoy accurate gaming at its finest. With DPI that goes as high as 16,000, it is precise and will perform in your DOTA 2 matches.
Hotkeys for your items? G502 has got you covered with 11 programmable buttons. Now you can execute that EarthShaker Blink Dagger – Eco Slam combo, fast and fuss-free. Though MMR needs real skill to boost, having the G502 Hero as your battle buddy will make you react and execute montage worthy plays precisely.
- Old version of G502 with optical gaming sensor (PMW3366)
- Cable Length 6 feet or 1.83 meters
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum – Wireless and Versatile
I have to admit, I’m not a wireless mice fan. There I said it! However, Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum changed my mind. It has e-sports-grade quality build and performance that makes no compromise. Every stroke, glide, and click of this rodent is steady, sharp and accurate thanks to its PMW3366 sensor that has a DPI range of 200-12,000. The result? My League of Legends experience has zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration. Sweet!
This wireless mouse weighs in at only 107g, thus maximizing comfort for extended use. Let’s face it, LOL is life, and 4 hours or more with a heavy mouse might have its repercussions on your wrist. G900 Chaos Spectrum may not boost your ELO, but the 11 programmable buttons are handy for activation of items and that is a good deal. Though it may be on the pricey end of the spectrum, this rodent will not disappoint you and will prove to be a weapon to climb out of ELO hell.
- LIGHTSPEED WIRELESS: latency can be the difference between winning it all or losing.
- ADVANCED PMW3366 SENSOR: equipped with the PMW3366 optical sensor zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration across the entire DPI range (200 12,000DPI) at speeds over 400 IPS
- ADVANCED MECHANICAL BUTTON TENSIONING: delivers an exceptionally clean and crisp button feel, response, and consistency. Battery Life: Default lighting: 24 hours, No lighting: 32 hours
- POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Compatible: the world's first and only wireless gaming mouse charging system, to keep G903 (and G703) charged while at play and at rest. Max acceleration >40G3. Cable length - 1.80 m
- CUSTOMIZABLE DESIGN
Razer DeathAdder Elite – Esports, Ergonomic, True 16, 000 5G Optical Sensor
No list skips this rodent, no death for the DeathAdder (no pun intended). Razer has brought proper upgrades to the DeathAdder sensor, now boasting 16,000 DPI. I could tell the sharpness and accuracy in this mouse straight away. Weighing at 105g and ergonomically designed, this mouse is a feast to the eye and pleasure to hold.
With tons of accolades under its belt, the beauty of the DeathAdder Elite is that it is a multi-talented mouse that can be used in tons of games, however, MOBA players will find special solace in this rodent. You can be sure to fully use its accuracy to ride the fast-paced tides of battle. Heroes of the Storm players will gain a true companion in this device. It is precise, sharp, sensitive, and will deliver top-grade performance for players everywhere.
The Elite is an outstanding gaming mouse that is straightforward, well assembled, and functions across a wide variety of game genres. No wonder it has stood fast against the test of time.
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc.
- High-Precision 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor: Offers on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment through dedicated DPI buttons (reprogrammable) for gaming and creative work
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Includes 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 7 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse
- Ridged, Rubberized Scroll Wheel for Maximum Accuracy: Small, tactile bumps increases grip and allows for more controlled scrolling in high-stakes gaming situations
What is important for a MOBA Gaming Mouse
For MOBAs, you don’t need a highly specialized mouse. Still, let’s have a look at the parameters a rodent should possess to be called the best gaming mouse for League of Legends or WarCraft.
Number of Buttons
Although you don’t need a whole lot of buttons, admit it that it is convenient to impose a spell without even touching the keyboard.
Good ergonomics is yet another essential component. Make sure the material the mouse is made of does not allow your palms to get sweaty. Needless to say, choose a mouse that suits your gripping style.
Also, MOBA fans prefer smaller mice. Although I am likely to agree that larger rodents are not the best choice, the size of the mouse is largely up to your personal preferences.
If you ask hardcore gamers which is the best gaming mouse for MOBAs, they will probably answer that any gaming mouse with a higher DPI would do a good job. To a great extent, that’s true. There is something more important than the DPI, though.
In MOBAs, you are required to perform fast and accurate clicks. In this respect, make sure your mouse has durable switches capable of withstanding the severe clicking.