After several delays, Friday the 13th: The Game developers IllFonic and Gun Media teased that the arrival of the single-player mode is not too far away. Now, Gun Media shed light on the matter and informed players what they should expect from the much-awaited single player mode of the asymmetrical multiplayer title.
The latest post, published on the official Gun Media site, says that the single-player mode will not be story driven. The post came to clear up the confusion regarding the new mode. Previously, studio representatives said that they would take into account players’ feedback. Consequently, Friday the 13th: The Game fans proposed the inclusion of a story. However, Gun Media made it clear that the mode will not have an in-game narrative, which came as a slight disappointment to many players.
IllFonic and Gun Media are among the companies that keep players informed about the projects they manage and this time around they provided an explanation about the lack of a story for the single-player mode. IllFonic and Gun Media justified their decision with the fact that the Friday the 13 movies were not popular for their narrative. They acknowledged that the movies do have a story but it was not their “focal point” and added that Jason and the killings of his victims were the basis of the challenges.
In addition, the Friday the 13th: The Game developer confirmed that players can expect “Hitman”- inspired series of challenges. In other words, players will be able to play the role of Jason and brutally murder the counselors with his machete or other deadly weapons. The announcement was well-accepted by players who defined the “Hitman-esque” mechanics as “exciting”.
In lighter news, IllFonic revealed that a wealth of new content was coming to the game for Halloween with more to follow towards the end of the year. Meanwhile, the Spring Break 1984 DLC is now out and it is available at a reduced price for a limited time.