Various surveys suggest that the average person spends around 10 hours a day in front of the PC. However, if you are into video games, the 10-hour mark is easily surpassed, especially when you get back home from work determined to conquer a tough WoW raid or kill some zombies in Call of Duty WW2.
If you spend a great deal of time sitting at a computer working or playing video games, and have a lower back pain and stiff neck after that, the culprit may be the uncomfortable gaming chair you have.
If you are using a stiff wooden chair you have picked from a yard sale three years ago, the first thing you have to do is to purchase another one and change your sitting habits. As a matter of fact, if you pick your chair carefully, your posture will improve, and things will take care of themselves. You will not have to make any special efforts to relieve the terrible back pain symptoms.
Table of Contents
- Best Budget PC Gaming Chairs ($100 – $120)
- Best Console Gaming Chairs Under $100
- Things to Consider Before You Buy a Gaming Chair
Gaming chairs usually cost a pretty penny and most manufacturers pretending to offer the best gaming chairs under 100 sell cheap and nasty products that leave you sore and disappointed. Still, if you cannot afford to spend a weekly paycheck on a chair, have a look at the best budget gaming chairs you can park in front of your rig and get rid of the backache and neckache once and for good.
Best Budget PC Gaming Chairs ($100 – $120)
Merax is a relatively unknown brand as compared to DXRacer or AKRacing but company’s products correspond to players’ demand for high-quality gaming chairs at a reasonable price. When you buy a chair, you buy it with the intention of using it at least a few years. Even if you have a tight budget, you can still get a comfortable piece of furniture that is not inferior to its pricey counterparts. Let’s outline the Merax High Back chair pros and cons though.
The Merax High Back chair has an ergonomic design that helps your body maintain a proper posture, so that you do not feel any pressure on your back, neck or shoulders. The lumbar and head cushions further ensure your optimal comfort during gaming marathons.
The biggest selling point of Merax High Back chair is the body-hugging style of the backrest that provides support all the way through the spine. The back size is 33 inches high which makes the chair suitable for taller users, although I do not recommend this model to people more than 6 feet (approx. 182cm) tall.
If you are a big guy looking for a durable budget gaming chair, the Merax might be the perfect option for you provided that your weight is up to 300 pounds. See our guide for more Merax gaming chair reviews.
The backrest reclines from 90 to 180 degrees. The chair, as well as the pillows, are covered with PU leather that eases cleaning, not to mention that the leather does not absorb sweat and body oils. You just have to wipe it with a damp cloth every now and then. The armrests are not padded but that’s not really a con, it is more a matter of personal taste.
- Ergonomic body-hugging high back and unique color-matching deisgn
- Comes with removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion
- Full reclining function: Chair back can be reclined and locked at any angle between 90 - 180 degree
The Furmax model is the least expensive PC gaming chair in our list. It costs as much as a family lunch at TGI Friday’s but don’t let the low price confuse you. The chair is designed in a manner that ensures maximum back support throughout the long hours spent in front of the PC. The high back soft leather and the bucket seat further aid your comfort.
The armrests are padded, so you can rest your hands while gaming and choose between a variety of sitting positions. Chair’s rocking back and forth capabilities make it a comfy item of furniture that would meet the needs of PC gamers.
The Furmax chair supports a max weight of 280 lbs. The height is adjustable and the swiveling wheels ease the movement across various surfaces.
- HIGH quality PU Leather with high-density thicker sponge inside to make an ideal seat ,headrest and Freely adjustable lumbar support provide a ultra comfortable experience
- The chair has rocked back and forth. 360 degree swivel, 90 to 180 degree backwards movement ,smooth-rolling casters,anti-scratch and protect the floor
- Perfect for office, home, conference occasion and racing gaming chair,Easy lock-tilt adjustment with recline angle adjuster, relieve tired feeling and pressure during long gaming or working
At a first glance, the Giantex model is a no-thrills chair that, like most of its competitors, does double duty – it is suitable for home gaming and office environment. Nothing crazy. So, what made me include it in the list of the best PC gaming chairs under 100?
The truth is that a friend of mine was so enthusiastic for having found such an awesome deal, that he invited me to come over to drink some ice-cold beer, play some 1 v 1 StarCraft and see what’s the fuss all about.
What I found out was that the Giantex Executive Racing Style chair is both eye-catching and cushy. The ergonomic back ensures great support; the seat is adjustable. Assembling itself does not seem complicated or time-consuming. Once you assemble the chair, you will see how amazingly soft the padding is. The padding is also thicker than what mesh chairs offer. The armrests are padded as well.
The weight capacity is 264lbs, the PU leather is easy to clean and does not absorb sweat and body oils. There must be a good reason why the chair has been given an A grade at certain sites that enable customers to leave unapologetically rude comments about products. I did not stumble upon even one negative comment.
To cut a long story short, the Giantex chair is a wonderful budget friendly option for everyone who wants to avoid the backache while working or gaming.
- Ergonomically Back Designs Mold Around And Support Your Back.
- Beautiful Appearance And Comfortable Feel, Ergonomically Back Designs
- 5 Casters For Moving Easily, 360 Degree Swivel, Lift Functions
If you need a good PC gaming chair but the idea of dishing out 500 bucks on a product that has a certain brand name on the cushion does not amuse you, you should totally pay attention to the Coavas chair. I dare to say that it is one of the best models in the budget category.
This is a beautiful chair that would fit the décor of every room, not to mention that it is designed in a manner that relieves the most problematic pressure points. The padding is soft and comfortable, the armrests are movable and the wheels ensure easy transportation from one room to another.
If you have ever used a mesh chair, you must know that its maintenance can be a challenge. However, the dust resistant surface of the Caovas makes the cleaning as easy as a walk in the park.
The chair is economically built but it does not mean it is poor quality. Quite the opposite. The base and casters look sturdy, the hydraulic works well and the assembling does not require a degree in engineering. The maximum weight capacity is 280lbs.
- ergonomic mesh lumbar office chair---ERGONOMIC DESIGN-This office chair has Lumbar Support, Adjustable Backrest, Headrest, 3D multi-function Armrest and Seat Height, also with a 360-degree swivel can...
- ergonomic mesh lumbar office chair-BREATHABLE-Mesh breathable fabric that allows back airflow for a better cooling and no sweat while working for a long period of time.
- ergonomic mesh lumbar office chair-STURDY AND FUNCTIONAL-Sturdy chair with beautiful grey dual-wheel casters that allows you to swivel easily on all floor surfaces for a significant increase in...
Have you ever wished to have a PC gaming chair that is so versatile that you can take a nap and wake up refreshed and more determined than ever to become a Dark Souls pro even if that means a few more deaths.
The Homall chair is made of premium-class leather and the reclining mechanism is one of its huge selling points. The resistance is adjustable to your body weight. In other words, the chair moves only when it detects a pressure on it. If you stand up, the castors lock up instantly. The height is also adjustable, so even if you are higher than average, the Homall Executive chair would fit you perfectly.
In terms of design, the chair can be a fearsome rival to some of the most established brands out there. It is equipped with a headrest pillow as well as a lumbar cushion. The body-hugging high back ensures divine comfort and keeps the terrible backache and stiffness at bay.
- Selected Material:High Density shaping Foam,more comfortable,anti-oxidation,elasticity resilience and service life;1.8mm thick steel frame,more sturdy and stable;Pu Leather,skin friendly and...
- Upgraded Configuration:Class-3 gas lift verified by SGS,durable,reliable and supports up to 300lbs;Rubber casters,rolling quietly and tested by 1000 miles rolling.
- Dimension:Size of Back: 22.5"X30.5"(LXW),Size of Seat: 19.8"X20.5"(LXW),Seat adjustable height:17.3-21.5 inch.
Best Console Gaming Chairs Under $100
Back in the days when I played on a PS1, I used to sit “Indian style” on the couch. Consequently, after a few hours of playing Street Fighter, I felt so stiff that it took me 20 minutes to stretch my legs and relieve the pain in the back. Later, I got a comfy floor chair and the only thing I regretted was not having purchased one earlier.
Well, time flies, the games get more sophisticated, so do the consoles but even after a hundred years one thing will still be the same. Players will always need a decent chair to enjoy the game to the fullest.
If you want to sit comfortably while figuring out the PUBG controls on Xbox One or you have just found super cool Netflix series, do not think twice. The Merax chair supports your back and ensures enough room to stretch your legs. What’s more, you can even take it out on the desk and get some sunbathing or read a book and peacefully drink your afternoon coffee.
However, keep in mind that the cover is suede fabric, and you have to be careful not to spill your drink or you risk spending quite some time in removing the stain.
- Perfect for floor use , playing games, watching TV or reading
- Foldable reclining set which can be use as a sofa or a bed, comfortable and convenient
- Metal frame, Suede fabric cover, and padded with sponge and memory foam, which is comfortable and long time use
Other options to consider
The V Rocker is a highly portable chair every console gamer would fall in love with. Despite being a budget option, it has its personal surround audio system and its own control panel. The V Rocker also has an ergonomic design and offers full back support. The materials it is made of are heavy duty vinyl and mesh, so its maintenance should be a no-brainer.
The V Rocker has a wireless audio transmitter, as well as two speakers on the sides, and one subwoofer at the back. The control panel allows you to adjust the volume and the bass. The chair is also a space saver, as you can simply fold it when you don’t need it.
The V Rocker is among my personal favorites and the only design fault I found is the lack of armrests. Having said that, not everyone feels comfortable holding a controller and placing their hands on the armrests. The chair is, without a doubt, a feature-rich item of furniture that does not come with a ludicrous price tag.
- You Can Feel the Sound with V Rocker Interactive Audio
- Two Forward Facing Speakers with Powerful Subwoofer
- Wireless Audio Transmission and Headphone Jack
Things to Consider Before You Buy a Gaming Chair
Types of Gaming Chairs
To start with, let’s figure out the differences between the different types of chairs designed for gamers.
Rocker Gaming Chairs
Rocker gaming chairs have no legs or wheels. They sit directly on the floor and they are the favorite type of chairs to console gamers. The rocker style gaming chairs are L shaped and provide the much-needed back support when you play on your Xbox One or PS4.
The fanciest among them are packed with cool features such as stereo inputs, built-in speakers, wireless connection, etc. However, if you are more concerned about comfort rather than the availability of advanced features, you can narrow down your search to the best console gaming chairs under 100 and you will surely find a model that meets your needs.
Pedestal Gaming Chairs
Pedestal gaming chairs are similar to rockers in terms of design, but they sit higher off the ground and swivel.
Racer Gaming Chairs
As their name suggests, racer gaming chairs are most suitable for fans of racing games. They come with pedals, a steering wheel, and a shift knob or allow you to hook your own controls if you already have the necessary racing equipment.
PC Gaming Chairs
PC gaming chairs are similar to the standard office chairs, but they are more tailored for gaming. Even the least expensive models have a headrest, comfortable arm rests, a lumbar pad and additional side support to ensure your comfort during long gaming marathons.
What to Look for When Choosing a Gaming Chair?
- High-quality materials – Pay attention to the cover material, padding material, the legs of the PC gaming chair
- Ergonomics – You are going to spend several hours a day sitting in your chair, so make sure it will ensure maximum comfort. Look for adjustable height; adjustable backrest; seat depth; padded armrests although the latter is a matter of personal preference; is it suitable for big guys (how many lbs is the maximum weight capacity); does it absorb moisture (if you sweat too much)
- Space-saving factor – If the limited space is a concern, you should consider a foldable chair or a chair with dimensions that fit your gaming area.
- System compatibility – If you can afford to spend more than $100 on a gaming chair, you will have a whole lot of advanced features at your disposal. Make sure you check if the chair you have eyed is compatible with your gaming system.
- Is it good value for money – No matter if you are a budget-conscious person looking for the best bargain deal or you want to get the fanciest gaming chair currently in existence, make sure you get what you pay for. If you have narrowed down your search to the best gaming chair under 100, you need to know that manufacturers focus mainly on comfort and aesthetics. The higher your budget is, the more advanced features your chair will have.