If you often complain of a backache and stiff neck, chances are that your PC chair does not do its job properly. Finding a good ergonomic chair to support your spine during the long office hours or weekend gaming marathons is a challenging task. It should promote right sitting posture while being sturdy enough to hold the weight of an adult.
A good quality chair is a physical necessity and you will reap long-term benefits of using one. Even if you do not feel any pain right now, you may rest assured that at one point, the back pain will get intense. The best thing you can do to prevent/ alleviate the backache symptoms is to use a PC gaming chair that is adequate for your needs.
If you have set a $200 budget for getting a comfortable chair, that means you are looking for a mid-range item. In other words, it will not be flimsy or poor quality, but you have to narrow down your search to brands that are not very popular. So, if you are more concerned about your comfort rather than the logo on the cushion, have a look at the best gaming chairs under $200 we have picked for you.
Table of Contents
- GTRACING Ergonomic Gaming Chair
- Ficmax Large Size Gaming Chair
- Homall Executive Gaming Chair
- Merax Justice Series Racing Style Gaming Chair
- Devoko PC Gaming Chair
- Giantex High Back Gaming Chair
- Respawn 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair
- Best Budget Gaming Chairs for Big Guys
- Tips on Getting a Good Sub $200 Gaming Chair
GTRACING Ergonomic Gaming Chair
Despite being a mid-range model, the GTRACING chair looks expensive and it will be a classy addition to your gaming setup. So, what makes it competitive to the chairs that cost twice as much? The short version is that if you want a luxurious, ergonomic, high-quality chair, but you cannot afford it, the GTRACING is a safe bet. The long version is that the GTRACING has a metal frame, solid seat positioning and plenty of adjustability.
The chair is covered with man-made leather, which makes the maintenance a no- brainer, even if you play games shirtless. You just need a mild cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth to restore its showroom condition. By the way, as soon as you took the parts out of the box, you might smell the “fabric” odor. If it is disturbing you, you can clean the chair with baby wipes or some special leather detergent. In all cases, the smell will go away in a couple of days.
Other than that, the GTRACING chair comes with a detachable headrest and lumbar support cushion. I used only the lumbar support cushion as the headrest made my neck sweaty, but it is a nice addition anyway.
The chair comes with adjustable height and armrests. Even if you are on the heavier side, you can lean it all the way back and it will not fall backwards. To sum up, the GTRACING is a viable option for anyone reluctant to spend $500 on a PC gaming chair.
- Ergonomic design racing chair--more efficiently and comfortably, multi-function meet all kinds of body shape.
- Material: Metal frame, easy to clean artificial leather, removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion make it an ideal seat of choice for working, studying and gaming
- Function: The chair has rocked back and forth. Adjustable backrest with a 90°-170° safety angle. Armrest and seat-height adjustment; 360-degree swivel; 5-point base is built with heavy duty and smooth-rolling casters;
Ficmax Large Size Gaming Chair
The Ficmax is yet another contender for the “best gaming chair under 200” title. What makes it stand out from the crowd is a feature that is not common in this price category. The Ficmax has a USB-powered electric massager. “Who needs a gimmick?” – you may ask. Well, have you ever wanted a massage while playing video games or relaxing with your favorite Netflix series on? Although the electric massager is not on par with the massage chairs designed for the living room, it is definitely fun to use.
The Ficmax chair has a retractable footrest. You can also lay it completely flat and take a short break if you need.
The chair is covered with PU leather, so even if you spill your drink, the damages will be minimal if you act right away. If I had to point a disadvantage, that would be the slightly irritating armrests’ wobbling. As the time passes you will have to re-tighten the screws.
The Ficmax chair has a solid padding and you may rest assured that you will feel comfortable for hours on end. It would not hurt to stand up to stretch your legs from time to time, though.
The manufacturer’s manual says that the chair has a maximum weight capacity of 300lbs but if you are over 250lbs, I would suggest jumping to the last section of our guide.
- NEW UPGRADED GAMING CHAIR： please search ASIN B076MVRZ5Z to get the new upgraded chair with cheaper price!
- √ GOOD-QUALITY MATERIAL: High-quality PU leather (easily cleaned and fade resistant), high-density thicker sponge ( high resilience and high permeability)
- √ HIGH-SECURITY: Integrated metal frame, explosion-proof gas spring of international standards, heavy duty chair base with castors make a superb stable structure. (Maximum capacity : 300LB)
Homall Executive Gaming Chair
The Homall executive chair is designed in a manner that follows the shape of your body and supports the most problematic zones – the neck, the spine, and the back. The chair can be fully reclined, the frame is solid and more durable than the frames of most mid-range models. The Homall chair supports up to 300lbs, which is a pretty adequate weight capacity given the fact that many renowned brands rarely go beyond the 225lbs limit.
The tilting mechanism is a bit of annoyance, but other than that, Homall is the perfect chair for your home or office. It is available in several colors and you will surely find a design that matches your room décor. The spill-resistant PU leather makes it a long-term investment. Even if you spill your beverage, there will not be any persistent stains or discoloration.
Purchasing the Homall executive chair means that you kill two birds with one stone. You get high-quality, ergonomic, comfortable chair at a reasonable price, and put the money you save into adding new titles to your Steam library. I will let you decide for yourself how cool’s that.
- Selected Material:High Density shaping Foam,more comfortable,anti-oxidation,elasticity resilience and service life;1.8mm thick steel frame,more sturdy and stable;Pu Leather,skin friendly and wear-resisting.
- Upgraded Configuration:Class-3 gas lift verified by SGS,durable,reliable and supports up to 300lbs;Rubber casters,rolling quietly and tested by 1000 miles rolling.
- Dimension:Size of Back: 22.5"X30.5"(LXW),Size of Seat: 19.8"X20.5"(LXW),Seat adjustable height:17.3-21.5 inch.
Merax Justice Series Racing Style Gaming Chair
Merax is a company known for manufacturing home and office furniture at sensible prices. It has been on the market for almost two decades, and trust me, guys, no one would resist the tough competition for so long unless their products have a competitive advantage. In this case, Merax gaming chairs are a mixture of quality and affordability.
Speaking of the Justice series chair, in particular, it boasts about a modern design that would fit any contemporary gaming corner. The PU leather makes the maintenance less time-consuming. The leather is fade resistant so it will surely withstand the test of time. In terms of comfort, the seat is spacious and well- cushioned. The backrest is designed to provide support all the way to your back and ensure spinal pressure relief.
- Design: Featuring aesthetic design of three-color abreast stripes which adds a stylish and unique taste to the chair
- Reclining: Recline locking system for you to lock the back at any angle from 90-150 degree
- Comfort: Equipped with soft spacious cushioned seating and removable headrest and lumbar support pillows greater improve the comfort
However, keep in mind that the maximum weight capacity is 225lbs. If you want something sturdier that has a higher weight limit, jump to the Respawn model.
If you want a bit non-standard cushion, have a look at the U Knight model.
- Special design of an unique U-shape headrest and a removable and adjustable lumbar support
- Big sturdy base provides you with superb stability
- Recline locking system for you to lock the back at any angle down to 180 degree
Devoko PC Gaming Chair
Devoko is a good value for money racing style and its specs sound great on paper but is it actually a sturdy piece of furniture? Well, according to most verified Amazon reviews, it is a great bang for buck.
If your current chair is at its last gasp, and you realize the critical importance of using an ergonomic gaming chair, the Devoko is an option to consider. It might not have a whole lot of fancy features but its load capacity, premium quality, adjustability options, and sensible price tag make it the ideal solution for your gaming marathons.
- High curved back covered by breathable premium leather with Freely adjustable lumbar support and headrest pillow protecting your spinal and neck
- 360 degree swivel rotation with top quality mute rolling Wheels avoid scratching on floor board and freely move in your space
- Easy lock-tilt adjustment with recline angle adjuster, relieve tired feeling and pressure during long gaming or working
Giantex High Back Gaming Chair
The Giantex gaming chair strikes a fine balance between luxury and comfort. The weight capacity is 286lbs, the heavy-duty base ensures stability even if you are a bit over the load limit. The seat base is wide enough, the armrests are comfortable. There is a footrest hidden under the chair. It is a nice addition, but it feels a bit unstable. As for the padding, it is neither too hard nor too soft, but some of you may prefer getting an additional seating pad.
The chair is covered with manmade leather, and just have to wipe it down with a microfiber cloth and a mild detergent when needed. The leather is premium quality, so you will not have to worry about tearing and scratches… unless your cat decides otherwise.
- Giantex Gaming Chair: Which is designed to offer you a combination of luxurious comfort and high-performance style, is great for work or study.
- Comfortable Chair: Featuring a removable lumbar cushion, a foldable ottoman and a built in reclining mechanism, this chair will offer you extended comfort.
- Easy To Use: Adjustable seat height will meet most of your needs. And the 360 degree swivel design and 5 wheels makes it easy for you to move.
Respawn 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair
No matter if you are a casual gamer or an esports pro, you cannot deny that “Respawn” is a pretty eye-catching brand name. And now, when they have your undivided attention, it is time to explore the capabilities of the 110 model.
The Respawn 110 is a fully reclining chair. “Most PC gaming chairs have a reclining function. What’s so special about the Respawn one” – you may ask.
As you can see in the Amazon video, the armrests are not fixed to the seat. They are attached to the back. In other words, they move backwards, and you get a decent bed to watch Netflix or take a quick nap. However, keep in mind that depending on the reclining position you choose, the chair controls might be a bit hard to reach.
The 110 model has a compact footrest held by two metal bars. You can pull it out when you need it. The Respawn chair also comes with the PC gaming chair must haves – a head pillow and a lumbar support pillow.
Ultimately, if you want a gaming chair that feels comfy and looks five times more expensive than it actually is, give the Respawn 110 a shot.
- GAMIFIED SEATING: A racecar-style gaming chair that provides luxury and comfort, whether it's used for intense gaming sessions and climbing to the top of the leaderboards, or long work days.
- ERGONOMIC COMFORT: With segmented padded designed to give highly contoured support when and where you need it most, this ergonomic chair is also equipped with an extendable footrest for position reinforcement. Adjustable headrest and lumbar pillows, as well as padded armrests provide all-around comfort.
- 4D ADJUSTABILITY: Find your optimal position by raising or lowering your chair and reclining between 90 - 130 degrees with infinite locking positions. Soft, padded armrests pivot with the chair as it reclines. Full 360 degrees of swivel rotation enable dynamic movement.
Best Budget Gaming Chairs for Big Guys
The highest load capacity gaming chair I know is the DXRacer tank series chair with a maximum weight capacity of 450lbs. The DXRacer items are relatively expensive, but luckily there are plenty of fish in the sea. Here are three top picks that would meet the needs of big and tall guys.
HAPPYGAME 400lbs Oversized Gaming Chair
The HAPPYGAME is an ergonomically designed PC gaming chair that fills a gap in the market. The common weight capacity of the gaming chairs under $200 is 250lbs, so the HAPPYGAME chair is a big step in the right direction.
The chair allows you to customize it to an extent that makes you feel like it has been designed especially for your body shape. You can adjust the height, tilt the backrest, and the armrests. The wheels lock in place for extra stability. The lumbar and neck pillows are soft enough to ensure your optimal comfort and help you maintain proper body posture. The HAPPYGAME chair is available in several colors but keep in mind that the different colors have different overall dimensions.
- 【OFFER EXTRA COMFORT】- The ergonomically designed racing style chair would be a great choice for you to upgrade your gaming experience. The chair would offer you great comfort while you are playing games, working or having a rest. The high widen backrest with detachable padded headrest and lumbar cushions will also support your neck and spine perfectly
- 【EVERY PART IS ADJUSTABLE】- You can adjust every single part of the racing style gaming chair to perfectly fit the type and height of your body. More specifically, you can adjust the height of the office chair, the tilt of the backrest, the back pressure and the armrests. The wheels are lockable to offer better support. The armrests can be adjusted to 2 dimensions, up and down and right and left. It is very easy to control and adjust
- 【HIGH-SECURITY】- Integrated metal frame, explosion-proof gas spring of international standards, heavy duty gaming chair base with smooth-rolling castors make a superb stable structure. (Maximum weight capacity: 400 LB)
SEATZONE Gaming Chair with Flip-Up Armrest
At a first glance, the SEATZONE seems like a chair that cannot compete with the fancy suggestions above. Well, there is a grain of truth in the saying “Don’t judge the book by its cover”. The SEATZONE might not have a headrest, lumbar support cushion or a footrest but still, it is one of the most comfortable chairs I have ever tested. Its maximum weight capacity is 350lbs and this feature speaks for itself. No poorly constructed chair would have a weight capacity well above the average 225lbs.
The SEATZONE has as thick padding and offers superior seating experience. It supports two of the most problematic spots namely the spine and the hips. As a result, you will be able to concentrate on your game/ work instead of focusing on the backache that gets worse every time you try to change your posture.
- 【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】 - Ergonomic curved back can perfectly support your spine, release your back pain. Soft seat cushion combine with racing car style bucket seat make this chair an ideal choice for gaming or working. Flip-up armrest break the restrictions of traditional immobile armrest, offer you a free seating, save space for you and make it easy to sit down and stand up.
- 【ROCKING FUNCTION】 - The whole chair can rock back and forth by adjusting the knob beneath the seat. It can provide you extraordinary seating experience as a racing style gaming chair, an office executive swivel chair and a computer desk chair, suitable for working, gaming, studying use or taking a quick nap.
- 【LARGE SIZE】 - Seat: 21.2"X19.2"(LXW), Back: 30.3"X21.2"(LXW) (Larger than most chairs in the market), Adjustable height range: 45.2"~49.2", Assembling is easy, it takes 15-30 minutes to put this chair together by following the attached instruction.
Wensix High Back Computer Chair
The third feasible budget option for big and tall guys is the Wensix gaming chair. The latter has a weight capacity of 300lbs and overall, its construction is superb for a sub $200 item. The chair is covered with PU leather that looks and feels very elegant. The chair assembly should not take you more than half an hour but I recommend you to use your own tools along with the included screwdriver.
Apart from the weight capacity, the Wensix won me over with its cool design, thick padding adjustable height and armrests, and the comfy lumbar and head pillow support. The footrest adds to its awesomeness too. If you often invite friends to come over and play games, the Wensix chair is an item you will want to show them off.
- Ergonomic design-hugging high back, removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion make it an ideal seat of choice for working, studying and gaming
- A high-back design with well-padded headrest, backrest, seat and armrests ensures long hours gaming or work without uncomfortable; a pull-out and flip over footrest and a lumbar cushion provides extended comfort and ergonomic support
- Back Size(W×H): 23.3×33.0inch Seat Size(W×D): 20.8×18.9inch Adjustable Height: 18.20-21.3inch "
Tips on Getting a Good Sub $200 Gaming Chair
There are quite a few hot potatoes in the gaming community and I am sure you have engaged in debates about the capabilities of the wired and wireless mice, the response time of the TN panels, the image quality of the IPS ones and so on. However, this time around, we will tackle the question “Budget vs. High-End Gaming Chair”.
Is it necessary to spend $500 when there are a way cheaper alternatives? Are the budget chairs worth the purchase or it is better to get a premium model? There are no explicit answers to these questions. It depends on your preferences. Needless to say, there are differences in the construction of the budget chairs and those carrying a $500+ price tag but here are some guidelines that will help you make the best out of your purchase.
PU or Mesh Gaming Chair?
On one hand, the mesh chairs seem the better option for spending long hours in front of the PC as mesh is a breathing material. On the other hand, PU leather looks very classy. Also, it is easier to clean. If you spill your beverage and wipe it down right away, your chair will not have any damages. Mesh, however, absorbs liquids pretty fast.
Make sure the chair you pick can be tweaked to fit your individual needs. It must have an adjustable height, reclining/ tilting mechanism.
The average weight capacity of the sub $200 PC gaming chairs is 250lbs. If you are a big guy, you’d better settle for the HAPPYGAME model above.
What makes the gaming chairs different from the standard office chairs is that they are tailored to live up to the needs of gamers who spend several hours per day in front of the PC. The ergonomic design, as well as the head and lumbar support cushions, make them an excellent solution for eliminating back and neck tension.
If you are looking for compatibility with different devices, massage function, heat function, you will have to increase your budget. Even the best gaming chairs under $200 are devoid of advanced features. They are designed to ensure optimal comfort, promote the right computer posture and help you prevent chronic back pain.
Some of the links on this page direct to a retail affiliate. RealGear may receive a commission from your purchase.