Play Longer, Stay Safer, Sleep Better
Let me tell you, folks, your 5:00 am League of Legends ‘last’ match would be a perfect ingredient in any malicious eye strain recipe. I myself admit to having committed more than once.
Sure, there are ways to do it right, and one of the simplest remedies is getting a pair of good gaming glasses. We have compiled a list of the best offers currently on the market, so, without any further ado, let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
Gunnar Sheadog Onyx
The Gunnar Sheadog are some of the best glasses for gaming thanks to their light blocking lenses. They also use Gunnar’s patented focusing technology that enhances visual performance. These glasses are designed for comfort and protection. They will also help you sleep better by eliminating the blue light that most screens emit. Very helpful whenever you pull a Black Desert all-nighter grinding. The Sheadog, aside from blocking blue light, will also block 100% of UV rays.
- Our blue light blocking gaming glasses (Patented Lens #9417460) protect your vision, reducing eye strain and headaches while viewing tablets, computers, TV, and phone screens
- The preferred gaming glasses for men and women, GUNNAR protects against symptoms stemming from prolonged screen-staring including migraines, headaches, dry eyes, blurry vision, negative effects of...
- Gunnar produces ergonomically designed gaming/computer eyewear with a lightweight frame to give you a full day of comfortable screen viewing.
DUCO Optiks 8954L
If you already have prescription glasses you can still have your very own gaming glasses too. The DUCO Optiks 8954L have a goggles style design which will allow you to easily fit them over your existing glasses. There are three sizes available so you should not worry about the possible unbearable bulkiness of your glasses set. Don’t worry about breaking these, either. These glasses are very flexible and it would take some extreme abuse to damage them. If they did somehow get broken, the DUCO Optiks 8954L offers a lifetime breakage warranty, so you will get another pair for free.
- Finally! Computer glasses can be worn over existing prescription glasses with Fashion appeal and designer features. Please take a minute to check detail page.
- Blue Light Blocking Lens to protect your eyes from blue light,it can reduce digital eyestrain, enhance viewing vision, it is suitable for use when watching TV and look at computer.
- PRODUCTS DIMENSION-Lens height:38 mm (1.49 inches); lens width:58mm (2.28 inches); leg length:140mm(5.51 inches); nose bridge:18 mm ( 0.71 inches); frame length:142 mm (5.59 inches).
Gunnar MLG Phantom
The Gunnar MLG Phantom kill that harmful screen glare. As a bonus, you get to look stylish while doing your thing. These glasses have specially designed lenses coating that blocks glare and UV rays.
The Gunnar MLG Phantom, at 2.4 ounces are light, compact, and comfortable. Aside from reducing eye fatigue, they are ergonomically built to protect your eyes from air currents that could cause eye dryness. Very helpful when you game with a cooling fan on. With its yellow-amber hue, the Onyx Marco is ideal for computer and television screens. I also like how stable it is, the adjustable silicone nose pad design helps with the overall fit.
- Kill the glare with the only patented computer eyewear recommended by doctors to protect and enhance your vision through the use of their specially designed lenses featuring proprietary tints and...
- Weighing in at only 25-grams, these lightweight glasses are properly balanced to reduce pressure points and combat fatigue while also framing your face to protect your eyes from exposure to dry and...
- 132-millimeter temples and full rim frame are constructed of stainless steel to ensure lightweight durability with adjustable silicone nose pad design to help increase optical stability, reduce eye...
HyperX Gaming Eyewear
HyperX’s gaming fleet knows no bound as it also dipped fingers in the gaming glasses pie. The HyperX Gaming Eyewear is built and designed for gamers who are always wearing headsets. Its frame is designed to fit you comfortably despite having to deal with extra headset pressure. As for the lens, these have the crystal clear MR-8 lenses and hand-cut acetate frames.
They are also quite fashionable and suitable for outdoors. They also included a hard-shell case that allows for transporting them safely.
Gunnar Vayper sports ultra-slim temples, single-piece front design, and interchangeable sockets. It also has a smooth styling and a wider fit. The silicone nose pads are adjustable, and its flexibility makes the frame adaptable to any face shape. The Vayper is very durable due to low carbon steel and polymer injected materials. The lens shape also protects your eyes from air currents that may cause irritation.
- Protect Your Eyes - High Energy Blue Light emitted by electronic devices such as computers, tablets, and smartphones have shown to increase the risk of accumulated damage to the retina, cataracts,...
- Block Blue Light - Block 65% of harmful blue light, 100% of UV. Prevent short-term and long-term damage like macular degeneration, cataracts, and the reduction of melatonin production.
- Sleep Better - Block blue light and reduce eye strain that affects your bodies circadian rhythms and prevents healthy restorative restful sleep you need to perform daily and prevent health issues.
GameKing Ultra G603 Premium
The GameKing Ultra Gaming Glasses have amber tint lenses that will block 60% of blue light. These glasses are also retrofitted with the anti-reflective (AR) coating and tinted lens that will eliminate glare and improve contrast.
The GameKing glasses are also super lightweight at 0.64 ounces. They still manage to be very durable and unbreakable due to the SWISS TECHNOLOGY TR90. Overall, these glasses are stylish and will do their job fabulously.
- REDUCE LIFETIME EXPOSURE to HARMFUL BLUE LIGHT & UV - our PATENTED amber tinted lens selectively filters out 82% very harmful blue light in the 400~455nm wavelength while allowing high transmittance...
- NO MORE EYE STRAINS & GLARES - anti reflective (AR) coating and tinted lens eliminate glare, improve contrast, and enhance depth perception, reducing digital eye strains, eye fatigue, and headache,...
- ULTRA-THIN HIGH TENSILE STEEL FRAME - super lightweight, durable, and flexible frame with screw free joint design offer stylish look and excellent wearing comfort. The frames are very thin for minimum...
The PROSPEK Ultimate looks like a pair of geeky glasses. And if big frames don’t scare you, then these spectacles are sure to fit in your gaming arsenal. These glasses are retrofitted with 8 layers of protection to keep your eyes safe. The extra films are also essential in making your glasses scratch-resistant. I also like how the PROSPEK Ultimate’s blue light blocking capacity is over 99% – higher than its competitors’ products. They are also Anti-UV and Anti-Fog, great add-ons for gamers on the go.
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION - If you won't settle for anything but the best our Prospek-99 line is our premiere blue light glasses block over 99% of blue light and keep your eyes completely safe.
- FEEL GREAT RIGHT AWAY INSTANTLY - Get rid of tired eyes, eye strain, headaches and migraines as well as protecting your eyes from long term damage. With our computer glasses you notice a difference...
- WORKS WITH YOUR LIFE - Fake glasses for the office? Readers? Gaming glasses? PROSPEK blue light filter glasses come in a variety of styles so you don't have to stand out unless you want to.
The Gunnar Emissary has a unique square lens and lightweight construction. I like their semi-rimless design that helps minimize peripheral distractions. Despite their build, they still cover the eyes and offer adequate protection. They also block the harmful blue light and help you maintain your circadian rhythm, which is your body’s natural sleep cycle. So, it means better sleep, better productivity, longer gaming time. The Emissary high-grade materials ensure that you will have the clearest image possible and completely eliminate the distortions that cheaper materials make.
- GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Glasses: GUNNAR glasses protect your eyes and enhance performance. Reduce digital eye strain and block blue light with amber or liquet lens tint options.
- Patented Lens Technology: GUNNAR is the only patented gaming and computer eyewear recommended by doctors to protect and enhance your vision while viewing digital screens (Patented Lens #9417460).
- Reduce Digital Eye Strain: GUNNAR glasses address all short and long-term side effects associated with digital eye strain, including: headaches, dry eyes, blurry vision, glare, negative effects of...
How Do Gaming Glasses Work?
Your monitor and screen produce blue light. This is a scientific fact. The abundance of blue light at evening and night is a contributing factor to eye strain, confuses your brain and circadian rhythms, and makes your sleep worse. Gaming glasses can filter blue light thus helping your normal sleep, and reducing eye strain.
Benefits Of Gaming Glasses
Good sunglasses are designed to reduce harmful UV rays and prevent damage to your eyes. Alike, gaming glasses are devised to help reduce blue light, and vision impairment. Some models also offer UV protection as well. Here are the advantages of owning a pair:
- Gaming glasses reduce blue light glare and strain
- They help improve clarity and provide a lighter hue (yellow tint) which helps you see colors vividly and clearly
- Gaming glasses will assist your eyes in keeping up with fast-paced games by reducing blur or glare and sharpening image definition.
- They could improve your sleep patterns
Do I need gaming glasses for long hours of video gaming?
Eye problems caused by gaming are something gamers are prone to. If you regularly have your gaming marathons, play professionally (or stream), or the nature of your job includes long hours in front of computer screens, then picking a pair of gaming glasses is highly recommended.
Are yellow tint/gaming glasses good for the eyes?
Copper, orange, yellow/amber, and brown lens tints are helpful in low-light conditions because they make the environment appear brighter. They also improve contrast and depth perception and are great for overcast, hazy, and foggy conditions. Also, these lens tints block blue light.
What is the best way to clean a pair of eyeglasses?
You can clean your glasses by rinsing under lukewarm tap water. Then put a small drop of dishwashing liquid to each lens. Gently rub both sides of the lenses and the frame for a few seconds. Rinse them thoroughly. Next is dry the lenses and frame with a clean, lint-free towel.
Why is prolonged exposure to Blue light harmful?
Blue light exposure has been proven to affect the circadian rhythm. However, natural exposure to blue light during the daytime will boost your energy, alertness, and mood. But, prolonged exposure to the waves (blue light) transmitted through screen devices and computer monitors during the evening can disrupt your sleep patterns. Also, blue light with its shorter wavelength scatters easier than other colors and will make focusing on objects rather difficult.