In this blog, we’ve compiled a list of the best small gaming desks for 2023. It doesn’t matter your price range or preference, we’ve sorted these gaming desks into different categories, so you’re bound to find the perfect one for your small room!
And if you’re worried that it’d feel like playing Tetris to fit all your gaming gear on one of these small desks, then don’t! Despite their compact size, these gaming desks offer ample space for all your gaming peripherals.
With that out of the way, let’s get straight to it!
TL;DR – Top Small Gaming Desks for Small Spaces 2023
- Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Pro: Our overall favorite PC gaming desk, highly versatile and can be used in a wide range of scenarios.
- Homall Gaming Desk: A small gaming desk cheaper than its counterparts. Brings all the features of a more expensive gaming desk, such as a headset hook and a cup holder.
- Bestier L Shaped Gaming Desk: A small, L-Shaped gaming desk perfectly suited for dual-monitor setups.
- The IKEA Linnmon Office Desk: A stylish, minimalistic gaming desk perfect for PS5 and Xbox Series S/X consoles.
- Aquzee Computer Desk: The best small gaming desk with storage, thanks to 3 tier shelves.
- It’s_Organized Gaming Desk: The smallest gaming desk on our list that manages to keep up with the big league players!
- Mojo Gamer Pro: A sturdy and durable standing desk with remarkable build quality. The perfect option for people with hyperactive lifestyles.
- Eureka Ergonomic GTG Gaming Desk: The best option for RGB enthusiasts looking for a desk with RGB LED lights.
- MOTPK Pink Gaming Desk: A sweet, cute, and kawaii gaming desk that comes in hot pink. The perfect option for gamer girls.
- TL;DR – Top Small Gaming Desks for Small Spaces 2023
- How Big a Desk Should Be for Gaming?
- Best Compact Desks for Gaming Reviewed!
- Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Pro – Best Gaming Desk for Small Room Overall
- Homall Gaming Desk – Best Budget Small Gaming Desk
- Bestier L-Shaped Gaming Desk – Best Small Gaming Desk for Two Monitors
- IKEA Linnmon Office Desk – Best Small Gaming Desk for PS5 and Other Consoles
- Aquzee Computer Desk – Best Small Gaming Desk with Shelves
- It’s_Organized Gaming Desk – Smallest Gaming Desk
- Mojo Gamer Pro – Best Small Standing Gaming Desk
- Eureka Ergonomic GTG Gaming Desk – Best Small RGB Gaming Desk
- MOTPK Pink Gaming Desk – Best Small Gaming Desk for Gamer Girls
- Comparing Top Small Room Gaming Desks 2023
- What’s the Best Gaming Desk Orientation for a Small Room?
- Should You Put Your Gaming PC on Top of Your Gaming Desk or Under?
- How Do You Maximize Space on a Small Gaming Desk?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Compact Gaming Desks
How Big a Desk Should Be for Gaming?
The ideal size for a gaming table is 60 inches. A 60-inch desk offers enough space for a multi-monitor setup and a large, full-tower gaming PC. It also provides ample room for gaming peripherals such as speakers, soundbars, microphones, and a mouse and keyboard.
But if you’re heavily space-constrained, consider getting a desk between 30 to 47 inches wide. Anything smaller is a complete no-go.
While considerably shorter than a 60-inch desk, a desk with a width of 30 – 47 inches will still provide adequate space for your PC and other gaming equipment. In addition, you can easily place these desks in the tightest of spaces without compromising on functionality.
So, what is the best small gaming desk on the market right now?
Best Compact Desks for Gaming Reviewed!
For this blog, we started our search by scouring Reddit and dug up dozens of old threads on subs such as r/PCMasterRace, r/Battlestations, r/PCSetup, and r/BuildaPC, among others. The goal was to get a general ‘feel’ of what gamers typically look for in a compact, small gaming desk.
After weeks of research, we shortlisted 18 desks based on their size, build quality, overall functionality, and user popularity.
Next, we took these desks straight into our test lab and evaluated their gaming performance with both single and dual monitors. We also threw in a PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X for good measure. Finally, after weeks of rigorous testing, we narrowed down our list to 9 best small gaming desks.
Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Pro is a versatile, small gaming desk with LED lights perfect for any gaming setup.
Let’s get the basic specs out of the way first: Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Pro is an average-sized desk – as far as small gaming desks go. The dimensions are 24 (D) x 44 (W) x 30 (H) inches. That makes the Z1-S Pro sit smack dab right in the middle of all the gaming desks we tested.
The tabletop has a usable desk area of roughly 1,056 sq-inch. This gives you ample room to place your gaming rig, KBM, monitor, and other gaming peripherals. It’s large enough for even a 38” ultra-wide with some room to spare! Unfortunately, it’s not suitable for a double monitor setup.
The Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Pro also comes packed with features and additional accessories: a controller stand, cup holder, a hook for mounting headsets, cable management support, and of course, RGB lights!
You can select one of the six color presets with your setup if you’re going for a certain RGB color theme. Or, you can let the desk constantly pulsate between all available colors for a cool light show.
Build quality is another strong suit of the Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Pro. It’s a Z-Shaped desk with a 40mm thick metal frame and a 1.6” rebar. The tabletop has a textured carbon fiber surface, which is also scratch-resistant.
As for the weight, the Z1-S Pro weighs 39.4 lbs and can withstand up to 500 lbs of weight. The weight capacity is more than enough for an adult Gorilla, let alone a desktop computer with a gaming monitor!
The only downside was the assembly. The instructions manual was vague, and we faced difficulty identifying parts as none were labeled or numbered.
Overall, the Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Pro is a remarkable gaming desk that manages to hit the sweet spot without costing a fortune!
- ✔【Our Advantage - Ultra-Sturdy Z-Shaped Design】The ergonomic gaming desk is designed with ultra-stable and sturdy Z-shaped legs. Rebar is 1.6" wide and 40mm thick, maximum load: 500 lbs (227 kg). The carbon steel Z-legs provide super support in extreme war situations to meet the needs of any serious gamer for your limitless gaming or eSports matches.
- ✔【Cool RGB LED Lighting】The Z1-S gaming table is dimension of 44.49” (L) x 24.21” (W) supports wide monitors up to 40”. Equipped with LED lighting on the armor. Multiple Lights Plug the USB into your gaming PC or laptop and the immersive RGB lights will bring you the fighting mood. 6 main colors, a variety of dynamic modes, provide you with more options to create a game and work atmosphere.
- ✔【Innovative & Perfect Design】EPA TSCA Title VI and CARB Phrase II certified eco-friendly table tops protect spaces from formaldehyde emissions. The smooth scratch-resistant carbon fiber textured tabletop, cool black and reflective fiber stripes give you the ultimate cool feeling. The ultimate custom-grade steel frame and adjustable leg rests keep the table stable even on uneven floors.
The Homall Gaming Desk is our top pick for budget-friendly compact gaming desks, offering more than just an affordable price tag!
The gaming desk stands at 23.6 (D) x 44 (W) x 29.3 (H) inches. These dimensions give you a surface area of roughly 1,038 sq-inch, which is ever so slightly smaller than our top-rated Eureka Z1-S Pro but still more than adequate.
Like the Z1-S Pro, the Homall Gaming Desk features a cup holder and a hook to mount your headset. While it lacks a controller stand and LED lights, we can’t expect everything from a gaming desk that costs less than half.
Another aspect where the Homall Gaming Desk shines is the color selection. It’s available in black, gray, pink, red, white, and white & blue. Talk about variety!
While all that may sound nice and dandy, we did hit a few bumps with the gaming desk during our testing. For example, the carbon fiber textured surface wasn’t nearly as durable as we had hoped. It felt plasticky and easily chippable. We highly recommend using a large mat to prevent dings and dents.
Also, two of the screws didn’t perfectly align with the threaded holes they were supposed to go into. So we had to use long, aftermarket fasteners and bend them at a slight angle to make them fit. Ultimately, it all worked out, but we just can’t help but highlight these obvious quality control issues.
To summarize, the Homall Gaming Desk is a great budget option, despite certain cost-cutting measures.
- Large Gaming Surface: Designed for gaming, the large gaming desktop can support up to any size monitor. In addition to the monitor, mouse and keyboard, there's plenty of space for other gaming devices, and there are also plenty of space for your hands.
- Carbon Fiber Surface: Homall gaming desk designed for all game players. Carbon fiber textured desktop, smooth touch, textured appearance, scratch resistant, anti collision design, and it has better performance of waterproof and sweat proof, upgraded games and office experience.
- Gamer Friendly: The desk is equipped with headphone hook and cup holder at side, which is easy to reach for drinking and listening. Also it has a cord collector under the desk, which is convenient to collect various wires and cords to make your room more commodious, there won’t be tangled mess under the desk any more. It will provide you with a more convenient gaming and working environment.
For people who want to squeeze a dual-monitor setup on a small space gaming desk, the Bestier L-shaped desk is a solid option.
It comes with a dimension of 31.5 (D) x 42 (W) x 36 (H) inches. Feels small for the big occasion? Let the L-shape design unfold in its full glory. First, there’s the main desk area that’s 19.7 inches deep and 31.5 inches wide. It’s further accompanied by a smaller desk with a dimension of 31.5 (D) x 10.5 (W). Finally, there’s a monitor shelf with LEDs that’s 7.3 (D) x 30.8 (W) inches wide. These give the gaming desk a combined surface area of 951.3 sq-inch (excluding the monitor shelf). Not bad, eh?!
And while in theory this still makes the Bestier L-shaped gaming desk the third smallest desk on our list, things are a lot different when you actually put it to use.
In testing, we had no trouble placing dual 28″ 16:9 gaming monitors on the desk without VESA mounts. We placed one on the large ‘centerpiece’ while the other on the adjacent table at a slight angle. And it worked brilliantly!
The Bestier Gaming Desk also boasts some decent features. It has an adjustable iron grid to mount beneath the tables. That’s not anything grand but great for storing random doo-dads. The monitor stand has an RGB LED strip, and a hook for mounting headsets.
Lastly, the desk features four built-in AC outlets and USB ports for up to 11W (5V/2.2A). While you won’t be able to fast charge your phone, they’re still good enough for powering RGB mats and charging wireless keyboards and mice.
Overall, a fantastic L-shaped desk for people with dual monitor setups. The only downside we can think of is the overall stability. It’s just not as planted as we had hoped. But against a wall, wobbling shouldn’t pose an issue.
- 【Gamer Desk with Power Outlet】 Bestier Gaming l shaped desk features 4 AC outlets + 2 USB charing ports, bringing users great convenience for gaming or home office. Easily charge your computer, ps4, smart phone, bluetooth, power bank or gaming gear.Rated Power: 1500W; AC Outlet: 120V/12A; USB Port: 5V 2.2A
- 【LED Computer Table】This Modern black desk for small spaces has RGB lights strip under its monitor shelf.you can switch the light color at will according to your mood and usage scenario.Life needs a sense of ritual,7 main colors,up to 20 dynamic modes colorful lights make your life relax，Try to DIY your room and add immersive gaming vibes.
- 【Flexible Coner Desk】The L shaped corner desk maximizes the use of limited space, and the double storage shelves on the side can be placed on either side according to your usage habits and space planning.Put your files, books, headset or other stuff within arm reach. Middle metal grid panel has three different height to satisfy your needs and could also be set aslant.FLEXIBLE monitor stand,it could also be installed at the storage side to create a 4-TIER storage shelf.
Let’s face it, a gaming PC isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and many people prefer to game on a console.
If you are a console fan as well, we’ve got just the perfect, small white gaming desk for you: the IKEA Linnmon Office Desk. Oh, don’t let the word “Office” in it fool you.
The IKEA Linnmon stands at 24 (D) x 39.3 (W) x 30 (H) inches, which gives it a usable desktop space of 943.20 sq-inch. This makes it the second smallest on our list, only behind the positively tiny 31.5-inch wide gaming desk from “It’s_Organized.”
Despite being a space-saving small gaming desk, it’s large enough to accommodate both the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X. Its sturdy steel frame ensures that you don’t have to worry about fitting your large TV either. The 39.3-inch width may sound lacking but it proved accommodating enough for our 42” TV in testing.
The upside – which can also be considered a downside – of the IKEA Linnmon is its clean, minimalistic design. It’s essentially just a piece of wood with four columns. While some may appreciate its ‘Spartan’ nature, others may find it a bit barebones.
Another minor nitpick is its color – or lack thereof. It’s only available in white. While white goes nicely with the PlayStation 5 and other Sony accessories, the black Xbox Series X ‘may’ stick out like a sore thumb. But hey, you can always buy a white skin for your Xbox Series X, no?
In short, the IKEA Linnmon is a sturdy, simple, and minimalistic desk for console users.
Looking for a small gaming desk with storage? The Aquzee Computer Desk fits right into that profile.
The Aquzee is a mid-sized gaming desk that stands at 23.6 (D) x 47.2 (W) x 65 (H) inches. The 65-inch height here is particularly noteworthy as it makes it the tallest gaming desk on our list. However to be clear, the height is due to the 2-tier upper storage rack, measuring 35.2 inches tall. This leaves the desktop height at 29.8 inches with a surface area of 1,114 sq-inch.
The top two shelves are 9.0 (D) x 47.2 (W) wide and provide a storage space of 424.8 sq-inch each. That’s almost 850 sq-inch, enough room to store books, game disks, and files. The bottom shelf below the desktop provides additional storage space.
Unfortunately, the tall rack makes the Aquzee a bit top-heavy with a high center of gravity. In addition, the base of the desk, while sturdy, is quite lightweight and doesn’t provide enough stability. While the 45-lb desk-weight helps counter that to some extent, proper care is still necessary when moving around.
Overall, the Aquzee is a fantastic small gaming desk for your bedroom with plenty of storage space for everyday items.
- ✅【Open Shelves Offers Ample Storage】 Attached with open hutch and bookshelf; the writing desk enlarges organized place saves floor space while enhancing storage options, any office essentials placed on it can be accessed easily.
- ✅【Extra Large Desktop】This high capacity hutch desk surface is (47.2in*23.6in) offers you super large working & studying space, perfect fit for your laptop or PC monitor. The 2-tier upper storage rack and under desktop bookcase provide plenty of space for storing books, plants, papers, documents, craft, and family photos, etc,
- ✅【Sturdy Construction】 thicker desktop and panel material is engineered wood which is waterproof, effortless to clean and scratch-resistant, strong enough to support heavy weights up to 500lbs. The adjustable leg studs can level the desk where needed, even on an uneven floor. The rust-free powder-coated frame is made from heavy-duty metal ( 1.18" by 1.18" width) to ensure better stability and durability so you can use it for many years.
On the hunt for an itsy, bitsy, teeny, tiny gaming desk for your tight quarters? Well, the 31-inch “It’s_Organized” Gaming Desk is your beast of burden. We know that name doesn’t exactly sound exciting–ha!
At 23.6 (D) x 31.5 (W) x 29 (H) inches, ‘It’s_Organized’ is the shortest and lowest gaming desk on our list. Likewise, it also has the smallest tabletop, measuring at 743.40 sq-inch. Oh, and it’s pretty light-weight too. But then we are trying to find something for extremely compact room settings here. Talk about picking horses for courses.
The gaming desk can fit an average gaming-size monitor quite easily. However, if you like to go big with your screens (32″ or larger), you can always use a VESA wall mount without giving up on the fun.
Despite its small size, the It’s_Organized gaming desk offers plenty of features, such as a controller mount, a cup holder, an extension box mount, and a hook for headsets. The desktop surface is carbon fiber textured, though obviously, it’s not real carbon fiber. It looks cool and stylish and also happens to be scratch and water-resistant.
The 29-inch height, while quite accessible, is also user adjustable – but barely. The leg pads are height adjustable by up to 0.4 inches. Not a whole lot but better than nothing!
The ‘It’s_Organized’ Gaming Desk is a great small PC gaming desk. It’s a no-brainer for people who can’t spare a lot of room, but don’t want to compromise on features or functionality.
- 【Smooth Carbon Fiber Texture Gaming Surface】 This 31 inch small gaming desk that meets all your demands. Offering smooth surfaces, breathtaking texture, and plenty of space both on and under the desk, keeping you comfortable at all times.
- 【For Small Space】This small gaming desk has 31.5"L x 23.6"W x 29"H dimension, it occupies extremely small space, provides ample space for study, writing and other home office activities. It is the perfect addition to your study room, bedroom or office, to serve as a small computer desk, office workstation, study table, small writing or gaming desk.
- 【 Sturdy Steel X-Frame Structure 】 This small gaming desk has X-frame design desk legs provide more support and ensures stability and durability. Adjustable foot pads suit the uneven ground to strengthen comfort.
The Mojo Gamer Pro is the perfect sit-to-stand gaming desk for people with a hyperactive lifestyle. It’s big, brash, burly, and bold, with a price tag to match.
Let’s address the elephant in the room first, namely the size of the Mojo Gamer Pro. At 30 (D) x 48 (W) x 50 (H) inches, it’s a big boy. The 30-inch depth and 48-inch width make it the longest and widest desk in this test, with a class-leading desk space of 1,440 sq-inch.
Remember that our recommended width for small gaming desks was 47 inches, while the Mojo Gamer Pro is 48 inches.
So, what gives?
Well, we had to compromise an inch here, given the quality that was on offer, and we couldn’t just recommend something sub-par. And, to be honest, an inch is generally quite negligible. If your room can accommodate a 47-inch desk, chances are it can also accommodate a 48-inch desk.
Moving on, the Mojo Gamer Pro stands tall at 50 inches, making it a comfortable fit for your standing gaming adventures. If you want, you can also use the desk while exercising on a treadmill. And if you feel the need to take a breather, you can always scale down the gaming desk to 24 inches thanks to its adjustable height stand.
The desk is built like a tank with a solid steel frame, matchless build quality, and great attention to detail. It also comes with many accessories like a magnetic cable system (dubbed the “MagicSnap”), a C-Clamp monitor arm, and a PC hanger. All that with a weight capacity of up to 300 pounds.
Excellence comes at a cost, and that’s certainly the case with the Mojo Gamer Pro. It’s the priciest small gaming desk on our list but an investment worthwhile, especially if you aren’t leaving the comforts of your small apartment anytime soon.
- GAMING STANDING DESK - Mojo Gamer Pro is designed for eSports gamers. It is an adjustable electric sit to stand desk - 24" to 49.8" suitable for heights of 4'11" to 6'6". 4 programmable settings for your perfect ergonomic position, sitting or standing. 5 year Warranty, 60 day no risk "love Mojo or return it" promise.
- FULLY ACCESSORIZED - Bundled with 5 accessories to keep things organized and maximize space. Includes our MagicSnap magnetic cable system (Cable Tray, Cable Chain, Power Bar Surge Protector) C-Clamp Monitor Arm, and CPU Hanger (also adjusts smaller to Xbox, Playstation)
- SOFT TOUCH COMPUTER GAMING SURFACE - Ultra-soft surface guarantees precision mouse tracking - Anti-glare matte finish prevents distracting reflections from any LEDs in your setup - Extremely durable laminate surface is water resistant, smudge-proof and scratch-proof, safe from energy drinks, snacks
If you’re an RGB enthusiast, then the Eureka Ergonomic GTG gaming desk might be just your cup of tea!
Specs wise, it’s a small black gaming desk measuring 23.62 (D) x 47.24 (W) x 30 (H). The 47.24-inch width makes it the second widest desk in this test, only behind the Mojo Gamer Pro. It also has the third largest surface area at 1,115.81 sq-inch, closely trailing the MOTPK Pink Gaming Desk.
The desk height is adjustable and can go from 30 to 48.58 inches with a load capacity of 200 lbs. It’s all done electronically via a dual-motor lift system. However, the motors can get quite loud while adjusting the height sometimes, especially with low ambient noise at night. Fwiw, it’s a minor nitpick more than an actual con by the way.
As for the RGB lights, the entire tabletop is sprinkled with RGB lights. You can sync them with your music (via the added audio splitter), make them cycle through various colors, or choose a static color to match your RGB theme. The lights get fairly bright and look great in a dark environment. The desk has six buttons at the side to adjust the height and RGB lights. There’s also an option to dim them or completely turn them off.
All in all, the Eureka Ergonomic GTG gaming desk is the best option for gamers looking for an RGB-centric gaming desk for their small room.
- GTG SERIES Patented Innovation – Unique combination of Music Sensing & Reactive RGB LED Lights Effects & Cool Glass desktop provides a full spectacle as your desk lights and music infuse gaming or studio room. This revolutionary RGB glass sit to stand desk design from Eureka Ergonomic offers an ultimate atmosphere for gaming, music studio, home office, live stream, Thanksgiving & Christmas gifts room decorations etc
- Music Sensing LED Effects – 27 music sync modes allow you to infuse your gaming experience with reactive RGB lighting; Multicolor static mode, 10-spectrum cycle mode & sleep mode also equipped. Music sensibility, color changing speed & light intensity--all adjustable for comfortable visual treat. Smart APP control (available for both Android & IOS) & simple button control available
- Powerful & Smart Standing Desk – [Advanced Dual Motor Lift System] Electric height adjustable system powerful enough to raise heavy duty desktop from 30'' - 48'' smoothly and quietly; Lifting Capacity up to 200 LBS; Lifespan much longer than single motor ones. [Smart CPU Control] Built-in HALL SENSOR & AI CONTROL ensures extraordinary bilateral steady without stuck; Anti-Collison Technology detects obstacle & stop instantly to prevent accidents; 2 height memory presets allow switch to desired height with a simple click
MOTPK is a small PC gaming desk that looks like any other gaming desk, with one exception: it comes in hot pink! That makes it the perfect choice for anyone – especially gamer girls – with a pink gaming den.
The MOTPK Pink Gaming Desk stands at 23.7 (D) x 47.24 (W) x 29.52 (H). The tabletop’s surface area is roughly 1,116 sq-inch, making it the second most spacious desk in this test, behind the Mojo Gamer Pro.
The bottom of the desk has a Z-Shaped metal frame that feels stiff and sturdy. Other features include a monitor stand, a hook for headsets, and a cup holder. The table top has a carbon fiber textured surface. The carrying capacity of the desk is a respectable 110 lbs, and both the tabletop and the Z-Shaped steel frame feel up to the task.
One thing we liked about the tabletop is that it has got rounded corners with no hard edges anywhere. A nice touch. The monitor stand is as good as the tabletop, with the same carbon fiber textured material and smoothed edge. It’s also fairly spacious at 9.4 (D) x 18.9 (W) with a total surface area of 177.6 sq-inch.
In our test, it fitted snugly into the table’s chassis and held our 28” monitor without complaining.
Overall, the MOTPK Pink Gaming Desk is well-built with good attention to detail. The only downside is that it’s not height adjustable, so you’re stuck with its 29.52-inch height. While the height is quite accessible, some people – especially girls – with below-average heights may find it a little on the taller side.
- Ergonomic Gaming Desk: The gaming desk is ergonomically designed with rounded corners, a sloping surface, and sturdy metal frame Z-shaped legs. You will still feel comfortable after long time use.
- High-quality Carbon Fiber Surface with Piggy Pink: The computer desk is made of the sleek charcoal-colored carbon fiber laminated top which is waterproof and wear-resistant. What's more worth mentioning is that the excellent touch and the special color of piggy pink! Your friends will definitely envy you!
- Comfy & Ample Room: The computer gaming desk adds a monitor stand, cup holder, and headphone hook, saving space for the ample legroom and the comfy gaming experience. The weight capacity is 110lbs, enough for your monitor, PC, laptop, games, speakers, headphone, and more.
Comparing Top Small Room Gaming Desks 2023
|Gaming Desk||Width (Inches)||Desktop (Sq-inch)||Weight (lbs)||Action|
|Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Pro||44||1056||39.4||Check Price|
|Homall Gaming Desk||44||1038.4||33.4||Check Price|
|Bestier L-Shaped Gaming Desk||42||951.3||38.15||Check Price|
|IKEA Linnmon Office Desk||39.3||943.2||18||Check Price|
|Aquzee Computer Desk||47.2||1113.9||45||Check Price|
|It’s_Organized Gaming Desk||31.5||743.4||20||Check Price|
|Mojo Gamer Pro||48||1440||80||Check Price|
|Eureka Ergonomic GTG Gaming Desk||47.24||1115.8||44||Check Price|
|MOTPK Pink Gaming Desk||47.24||1119.6||35.2||Check Price|
What’s the Best Gaming Desk Orientation for a Small Room?
For a small room, the most efficient way to utilize a limited space is by placing the gaming desk at the corner with its front facing away from the back wall. This is the most effective gaming desk orientation for small rooms.
Just ensure the desk isn’t up against a window to prevent the PC from potential water damage from rain or snow. Also, the light source of your room should be on top of the desk in order to prevent screen glare and light reflection.
Should You Put Your Gaming PC on Top of Your Gaming Desk or Under?
Putting your gaming PC under the gaming desk is always a good idea. It will save you precious space, especially if you have a small gaming desk. Aside from space savings, this placement also reduces any perceptible fan noise from the PC, allowing you to focus better on your work or gaming.
However, please ensure the PC has enough airflow under the desk to properly ventilate hot air from the inside. Also, never place your PC on top of a rug or carpet as it can cause dust buildup, which will worsen case airflow and may cause thermal throttling.
How Do You Maximize Space on a Small Gaming Desk?
There are quite a few ways you can maximize the desk space of your small gaming desk:
1. Use VESA Mounts
Gaming monitors take up the most desk space, especially for dual-monitor setups. However, you can use VESA desk mounts to save yourself some precious desk real estate. VESA mounts take next to no desk space, allowing you to place your monitor at any angle.
2. Use a Monitor Stand
You can also use a monitor stand and place your monitor on top to save yourself some precious desk space. In addition, some monitor stands allow you to slide your keyboard and mouse underneath, giving your gaming setup a clean, minimalistic aesthetic.
3. Use Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
Wireless peripherals are convenient to use and help declutter your desk space. If you constantly struggle with a tangled mess of cables, switching to wireless peripherals can be a game-changer, no pun intended!
4. Use a Small Form Factor (SFF) PC
While a full-tower PC case might give you ample room to tinker with your hardware, it also takes up significant desk space. In that case, either stuff the innards of your PC in a Small Form Factor case or put it underneath the gaming desk.
5. Buy a Gaming Desk with Shelves
If you use your gaming desk for work or studying, managing everything on a small desk can get particularly challenging. So, to make the most out of a small gaming desk, try to find one with built-in shelves, such as the Aquzee Computer Desk we covered above.
Alternatively, you can also consider an L-Shaped gaming desk. Here, we’d recommend the Bestier L-Shaped Gaming Desk, which is compact and provides ample desk space for placing dual monitors, books, files, and other necessary items.
Frequently Asked Questions About Compact Gaming Desks
- Is Herman Miller Nevi Gaming Desk Good for Small Rooms?
Unfortunately, no. Herman Miller Nevi is a large gaming desk at 29.52 x 59 x 49.2 inches. Its 59-inch width makes placing it in a small room with limited space particularly challenging.
- Is a 40-Inch Gaming Desk Big Enough for 2 Monitors?
No, 40-inch straight desks are too small for a dual-monitor setup. 28″ monitors typically have a length ranging from 24 to 25 inches. Hence, your desk must be at least 51 inches wide to fully accommodate a dual-monitor setup.
It’s possible to use two monitors with a smaller L-shaped desk, though. You can also use a dual-monitor VESA mount and tilt the monitors at a slight angle to fit within the space. Some gamers also like to set up their monitors in vertical orientation.
- How Deep Should a Desk Be for Gaming?
Ideally, a gaming desk should be 20 to 30 inches deep. This depth ensures sufficient space for placing your gaming monitor, speakers, or soundbars and gives you enough maneuvering space for your mouse and keyboard.
To summarize, each desk we’ve tested and reviewed in this blog fits a different audience with small room constraints. But that doesn’t mean they can’t work outside of their niche.
For example, the Bestier L-Shaped Gaming Desk, our top pick for multi-monitor setups, will work just as well for solo monitor setups. That said, it’s important to remember our categories while choosing a desk. We categorized these monitors into nine categories to make picking the right monitor for your particular use case easier.
But if you’re still undecided, rest assured you can’t go wrong with the Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Pro, our best overall pick. This desk is the jack of all trades, if not the king of all cosmos! It’s versatile enough to be used in various situations without compromising usability and functionality.